Taking Advantage?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scott 3

Just completed a trip through the Rockies.  I noticed a few WalMarts where people had staked their spot very early in the day.  Isn't this taking advantage of the opportunity?  Couldn't this jeopardize the opportunity by casting a negative image to the public?  I've used WalMart once, we arrived late and left early.

I should note, one WalMart had so many RVs that it looked like a full fledged campground before 3pm.

Yes it could jeopardize a good thing especially if they're out there a grilling and partying. I always also go in and ask a manager if it's OK and ask where they want me to park it.

We have only stayed at a Walmart once for the night, and that was simply because it would have been a long drive to the next rv park. We arrived mid afternoon and left early the next morning. While there we stocked up on groceries from Walmart. I'm not sure what you mean by early, but at least in our case, we had no other place to go since we were just on the road between destinations.

There has been much heated discussion here in the past regarding Walmart overnights. Simply a large number of RV's? Who cares. But the general consensus of protocol says: ask first, no slide outs, no grilling, no partying. It's supposed to be a place to crash for the night. Unfortunately some people abuse the privalege and turn the parking lot into a campground.

BinaryBob said:
There has been much heated discussion here in the past regarding Walmart overnights. Simply a large number of RV's? Who cares. But the general consensus of protocol says: ask first, no slide outs, no grilling, no partying. It's supposed to be a place to crash for the night. Unfortunately some people abuse the privalege and turn the parking lot into a campground.

Pretty sure the direction from Walmart also includes:

No leveling jacks
No awnings
No chairs or any other personal belongings outside
RVs are basically supposed to appear as-if they are parked in the lot like a car

Pretty sure the direction from Walmart also includes:

No leveling jacks
No awnings
No chairs or any other personal belongings outside
RVs are basically supposed to appear as-if they are parked in the lot like a car

There are no "directions from Walmart" except to park wherever the store staff tells you (if they tell you). All these "rules" have been made up by others.  It's your responsibility to act as a good guest who will be welcome to come again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MtnRV
Back
Top Bottom