Unusual/wonderful birthday gifts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A couple of our grandkids were staying with us recently, but they left their birthday gift for Grandpa at their home. They got creative and hand-wrote a couple of 'vouchers':
  • Breakfast in bed.
  • A fishing day with Grandpa and grandkids.
  • A movie. (At home in the theater?)
  • Take out the trash.
  • Open a beer.
  • Car wash.
I was blown away by the creativity, and now I just need to collect  ;D

There is nothing like a big family!

I have heated with wood all my life and have always cut my own and split it by hand.
Various times either one of  my eight children or one my sixteen grand children would ask me why I don't get a hydraulic log splitter, and my answer was always; "the day I can't split wood by hand is the day that I will stop heating with wood"

The year before last I had one of the nicest surprise Christmas presents that a man could get which was a thousand dollars that they had all chipped in and it was for a hydraulic log splitter.

I begrudgingly bought one and was amazed and quite pleased at how quickly it got the job done.

None of the family had ever seen it work, so at our last family cook out, I had a big stack of cut logs, and every one got to pull the handle and split logs. it was the hit of the day and they had so much fun that I think the next time I need a batch split I'll just have another cook out.

The nicest part of my whole log splitter experience wasn't  the fact that I didn't have to split by hand any more. It was the love that came from them all in giving it to me.

Needless to say I am  now going back on my statement about splitting  wood

Jack L

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom