2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 high beam headlights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nylben

I'm trying to figure out if I can flash my high beams with my headlights off in order to signal a vehicle passing me that it is safe to complete their pass and also to warn oncoming traffic of a hazard ahead. My high beams are only working when my headlights are turned on. The coach is on a Freightliner chassis and when I called Freightliner they weren't sure. If I replace the multifunction switch, which contains turn signals, cruise control, hazard flashers and the high beam switch, it's about $200. If it doesn't work the way that I think it should (being able to flash my high beams with the headlights off) then I just blew the $200. Any ideas or suggestions?

Why not just drive with the headlights on? Not only can you flash the lights, but it will help make your vehicle, no matter how big it is, more visible to  oncoming traffic. I always drive that way, esp., in the mountains where we live. With the twisty roads and lots of shadows from the trees and mountains, vehicles, esp., the dark color ones can easily get lost in the shadows, even in broad daylight.

Back
Top Bottom