No DC Working

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jedi4070

Good morning Rvers! So we are here hooked up on 30 amp, in a 1995 Fleetwood Southwind, 33 ft, ford.
Two days ago we came back from hiking to see that the water filter under the sink had blown causing a fantastic flood. Water flowed into the under fridge compartment that houses my breaker box, converter and climate control box. All soaked. And the power was out. After the clean up I flipped the gfi's and regained power to my outlets. All of them. The outlet for both the converter and fridge have juice. But nothing will turn on. No AC, No fridge and no lights.
I'm good at a lot but electro has always been my downfall. I would really like to handle this myself and believe it could be something I'm missing. All fuses and breakers are good. Ideas?

When you say no AC is that Air Conditioner or 110 volt Alternating Current? Physically shut off all the 110 volt breakers and flip them all back on.

You have power to the converter and no power out of it?  If the battery is holding a charge, then you have a connection problem.  Try hooking to the tow vehicle and check if the lights come on, if they do then it sounds like the converter is toast.  Pull it out and look inside for hidden fuses and damage inside.

All those things rely on 12v power for their control functions, so it appears you are not getting any 12v power in the RV. Neither from the battery or the converter/charger (which converts 120v shore power to 12vdc). Something is tripped or damaged such that neither battery nor converter power is getting to the wiring. Start tracing from the battery and converter to see what is common to the two sources and use a voltmeter to determine where power is lost.  There may be a solenoid (relay) that disconnects the power sources, or maybe a common main fuse. I had a 96 Southwind long ago, but I've forgotten where the key components were located.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom