'84 Nomad...any thoughts?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jhansen1951

Howdy Folks,
My wife and I are brand-new to the RV idea and are looking at what appears to be a very nice '84 Nomad.  I've read the general "what to look for" posts and checked the tires, appliances, etc.  What I'm looking for is some specific info/impressions from current or former owners.  Were there any problems with these trailers?  We intend to use it for weekend or longer getaways, not as a fulltime residence.  I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4X4 with V8 to tow it with so I'm not really worried about that.  Is this false confidence?  Your thoughts and experiences would be most appreciated.

John

I have a 2004 Toyota Tundra 4X4 with V8 to tow it with so I'm not really worried about that.  Is this false confidence?

YES!  The name of the truck is irrelevant - you must check the truck's tow capacity rating and the trailer's gross weight, either actual loaded weight or GVWR. Anything else is mere conjecture and an invitation to trouble.

Thanks!  We actually decided on a newer trailer that is also much lighter in weight.  It's a '99 Cub by Thor.  Headed out this morning for a first overnighter.

John

Back
Top Bottom