Bye bye Moab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Terry A. Brewer said:
Leaving for Torrey, UT

Wise choice Terry.  There is "white" stuff falling in Salt Lake City.  :)

Phil

Left Moab at 0800 and arrived in Grand Junction, CO, about 1100 and are at the Elk's Club.  If you're coming east on I-70 and need fuel, there is a new Conoco in Fruita right off the highway and diesel is $2.339/gal.  Cheaper than here in GJ.  Also easy access and there is diesel on the last car island with lots of room in addition to the truck pumps.  Welcome center is right across the street.

Weather is sunny and 65F.  Going to visit the Colorado National Monument with friends this afternoon.

Wendy here. .Mike is snoring on the sofa...guess the 116 mile drive was too much for him. I just wanted to thank everyone for making us feel welcome at our first rally. We had a great time.

Hope you all miss the bad weather...we got snowed on while we were picking up our mail !! Safe travels and see you in Quartzite.
-Wendy

Hi Wendy. Nice to meet you both. Sorry we had to leave before the Hovenweep trip, but I understand folks had a good time.

MikeCoke said:
I NEVER would have thought you could get 25 people into a Monoco !!!

LOL, it was easier to get them in that get them out again.

Left Moab just before 8:00 MDT and arrived back in Camp Verde about 3:15 MST. Other than winds, we had a good trip. Hot and sunny here in Camp Verde.

Peg and I had a wonderful time and are looking forward to next year.

Hi All,

We left Moab around 7:30 and headed southeast. Arrived at Albuqurque in time for early rush hour traffic. :mad:  Found a PA campground on the east side for the night. Had a great trip on the route that Don told us about and then Ron also mentioned. Will miss all the great scenery as we head back to the " Land of Green Tunnels".

Don, We saw you pass through Monticello this morning. We stopped for breakfast at a little restaurant just after we turned onto the 666. As we pulled out of the parking area, you were crossing the intersectilon. We waved but I don't think you saw us. ;D

After a great time at the Moab Rally Sam & I departed Moab around 9.00 AM and headed North to Salt Lake City.  The roads were dry till we started up out of Price, Ut then they became wet.  The snow over Soldiers summit was up to the sides of the road but none on the road.  Arrived in Salt Lake about 13:30 Wed cold wet and rainy.  Looking forward to the mini rally at Magrafts tonight.

Don, Jim, Ron

Glad y'all made it safely to your next stop.

We got the coach and the toad washed yesterday, and I'm contemplating waxing/polishing this morning. But I'm not moving very fast  :)

Thanks Tom.  After all this wet roads it will be time to clean the rig when we arrive at Sam's Camp.  Should be there on the 16th.

We left Albuqurque yesterday and followed I-40 to Tucumcari where we turned NE on Rt. 54. A great road most of the way. The worst section was in TX but we weren't there that long. Saw spring flowers again along the way. We stopped in Liberal, KS last night. Today we continued on Rt. 54 until we picked up Rt. 50 and finally I-35 to Kansas City. We are in a small campground in Independence, MO not far from Truman's home and library. We rode by them today but they were closed. Guess we'll have to return someday when we can spend some time.

Attached are two photos of the flowers along the way yesterday.

Attachments

• Hoary Tansey-Aster.JPG
    Hoary Tansey-Aster.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Oklahoma Spring.JPG
    Oklahoma Spring.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 18
Jim great photos, thanks for sharing them.  Ned and I have been to Independence a couple of times and really enjoyed visiting Truman's home and library.  We left Grand Junction yesterday and had dry roads all the way to Denver even over Vail Pass and the Eisenhower.  We will be here until Sunday and then head to Cheyenne and SD.

Lorna said:
Jim great photos, thanks for sharing them.  Ned and I have been to Independence a couple of times and really enjoyed visiting Truman's home and library.  We left Grand Junction yesterday and had dry roads all the way to Denver even over Vail Pass and the Eisenhower.  We will be here until Sunday and then head to Cheyenne and SD.

Thanks, Lorna. Glad you enjoyed them.

I want to return to Independence someday. Would love to see Truman's house and library. I wish we could find another Truman for the Presidency!!!

We left Independence this morning and wanted to get miuch of the remaining trip to Decatur behind us. Did 493 miles which leaves only about 120 to go. :) The trip was great until we hit a bridge that was missing. Had to turn around and decided to take an alternate route. Everything was fine until this afternoon. The wind came up something fierce and is still blowing. I'd say it's gusting at 30 to 40 knots. Can't even get the dish locked on the satellite! We are in Remington, IN on Rt. 24, just west of Decatur. It'll be a short trip tomorrow. I'll have to spend the day cleaning the rig if it isn't windy. ;D

Back
Top Bottom