Camping Costs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bakerc

With the rising price of fuel, and the rising costs of campgrounds, I look to ways to keep costs down.  Here in Michigan, where we do our majority of camping, even the state campgrounds are very expensive, at least in my opinion.  Why stay in a state park for 25.00 with little frills, when I can stay in a park with a pool and other things for another $5.  Anyway, many state forest campgrounds and federal campgrounds are available for about $10.  These are rustic campsites.  Thats no problem as I really need nothing except my TV in the morning for the news!
So, with that, what do you all do?  Are more of you using rustic areas, or keep paying the rising prices?  Just a question to see how everyone is dealing with this issue.

Mostly we have been paying. We use a lot of  low cost sites when traveling, though, e.g. Passport America or federal campgrounds where we can stay a half price (we are old enough for senior discount).. And we usually workamp for the summer season, so rates are not so much of an issue for us.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom