One more ukulele

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
I have several ukes here at our part-time summer place in OH, and brought a couple of others along. I was missing the baritone uke I have at home in CA, and was about to buy one on amazon when I thought about Craig's List. Sure enough, I found a used one in decent condition for half the price. Had to buy new strings.

One of my uses for the baritone uke is to emulate a harp while playing/singing some of my arrangements of Welsh ballads. It also helps not to have to sing one or two octaves lower than the instrument. Some folks question my logic, saying "it's the same sound". To my ears, one or two octaves lower doesn't sound the same  ???

This is happening at our Town hall. Might have to go check it out. Just inland off the beautiful north shore of Lake Superior. Hang a left at Betty's pies.. :)
http://www.twoharborsukulelegroup.com/2016-ukulele-carnival.html

Now all you need is a Kala Bass.  A Uke sized bass that sounds like a real bass.  I've played one for a couple of hours and it took me back to my high school bass playing days.  About $450 on Amazon.

I've played a couple in a store, and they seemed 'weird'; Might have been the strange strings  ???  I'll check them out again at my favorite music store when we (eventually) get home.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom