Another inverter project, maybe a custom battery rack for under the coach.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
F#$* I am so pissed, found a much more affordable option on Amazon and it had same day delivery, paid or free with additional qualifying purchases, as I spent time screwing around with those additional purchases I missed the cut off for same day so this is definitely not getting done today F#$*

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000H9LG7A

I rarely give up, almost never, I'm just bummed I couldn't bust it out today. Then again, maybe the Lord had it laid out for me as it's almost 7 pm and I'm barely done assembling and crating a customer winch order to deliver tomorrow. I would be working on that winch late in to the night had I wired up the cradle today.

Desert_Rat said:
I saw that  :)

You could cut that thing up into a dozen 'shunts' too. I should have done that instead of getting ripped off on my solution. Only thing I could find were these aluminum ground bars at ACE for $18 a pop.

maybe you should swap those out for copper, from doing research on CCA wire, I think aluminum is a better conductor for high voltage applications, 12V- stick with copper

That's interesting. I had thought that copper was the superior conductor. Anyway, I ordered that bar you found on Amazon. I'll see what I can do with it.

right on, mine will be here tomorrow but I may not be able to do anything with it till Friday, then again, I get antsy after work, may do it in the evening

its a rainy day here in Phoenix, no winch orders, no other pressing projects although finishing the hitch mount for my generator and installing a new stereo with backup camera in my Avalanche are in the hopper SO I'm trying to finish this battery project today

well I finally win with Amazon Prime, I have the batteries together, copper cut and drilled and it's laid out for measuring cable lengths, darned if I am short 2 terminals and I realize now it's because this inverter requires terminals where the last one did not

so the terminals are same day delivery and free shipping with $35 in qualified purchases, I ordered the Serpa style holster for my Glock I've been wanting for a while, a 110v "car" style receptacle for my Avalanche inverter and I'm expecting it all later today, how sweet it is

Attachments

• 013.JPG
    013.JPG
    173.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    341 KB · Views: 19
DONE! save for mounting the inverter remote, just dunno where I want it and how to fish it there

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 20
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    178.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 015.JPG
    015.JPG
    221.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 17
Nice!  But if the trailer's floor plan is metal, I'd attach a layer of thick rubber or other insulation between the battery posts and it.  Or at least insulate the battery posts and connections so they can't short against the lips of the metal beams and those bolts and brackets hanging down.  Otherwise you're looking at a nice fire if something shoves the batteries around.

well $h!t! I put on weight- not what I wanted at all but I guess that's the way it has to be

original tongue weight: ~1,128 lbs
minus existing batteries ~130 lbs
. new weight ~1,280 lbs

so a gain of about 150 lbs, welp I did add roughly 360 lbs to the trailer so I dunno

Attachments

• 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 19
we made it to Zion! once or twice we went through some rutted out dirt areas, and over a very aggressive steep parking lot to sidewalk transition in Flagstaff, each time I worried the cradle might scrape but it didn't!

I am very pleased with this project

Attachments

• IMG_2867.JPG
    IMG_2867.JPG
    346 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 19
Lookin' good! I'm glad it worked out for you. Gives the rest of us confidence that it can be done and actually work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom