4K Ultra HD TV signal in an RV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GAK9

Has anyone been able to successfully get 4K TV in an RV using the satellite dish on the RV? If so, how did it get accomplished? Putting a new TV in my RV and the 4K version is almost exactly the same price as the 1080 HD version so I am going ahead and getting the 4K TV, but not sure how/if I can get 4K programming. I have the Trav'ler HD satellite dish and DirecTV if that makes any difference. Would be nice to get the 4K TV signal in the RV if it is possible, even though programming options are very limited right now.

I believe that you need the HR-54 receiver to get 4K, plus I believe that Directv wants more money to provide you with 4K service.

I have had a 4k tv for over a year now and it continues to blow me away. Don't worry about getting 4k content, there is very little available right now and there won't be much in the immediate future. However a 4k tv automatically up converts 1080 signals to 4k and the results are astounding. Of course how good the up converted signal looks depends on how well it was initially recorded. An up convert of a 50s movie will not look as good as a modern movie but it still looks better than viewing it on 1080 tv. The opening to Life of Pi looks just as good as any 4k movie. There is 4k content on Netflix and Amazon Prime but not a lot. Just buy it and be patient. You will never regret it.

DirecTV has a few 4k channels and is promising more...maybe part of their discontinuing of SD.
Anything else is media dependent. Requires player such as 4KDVD player. Note that depending on brand and stuff, I find that Super4k is better in brilliance and picture than 4k only. I don't know why but one each 4k by sharp off angle viewing really sucks but super4k doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom