viking water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamond007

Can anyone help, Im stumped! Recently purchased a 2004 Viking pop up. I need to replace the water pump, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to get to it to remove it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

keith

Greetings,

The water pump is in a difficult location to get to. I just remove my countertop yesterday to access my pump to fix a leak. First I removed the fold down sink cabinet. My Viking Camper has a fold-down sink with a slot cut in the counter top and the cabinet for the water lines and the drain hose. I found several screws that were exposed and removed them. There were two screws near the slot for the water lines inside the cabinet and for the other screws I had to remove the refrigerator to access. Going through all that, I vowed I would never do it again. So I cut my countertop into two pieces on my table saw so they can be installed separately. The only time I can see the cut in the countertop is when the sink is in the down position for packing the camper for travel or for storage. Now I can remove a small piece of countertop to access water pump and the power converter. The small piece of countertop is surface fastened with two screws. Again, the screws cannot be seen unless the sink is in the down position. I hope this helps.

Yes thanks much for your help! I finally got the entire counter top removed by sliding the blade of a hacksaw between the counter top and the cabinet and cut the screw that was holding it from the right side. It's a real pain to have to go this, so I do like your idea of cutting the top piece into two pieces. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom