Tracer 2900bhs - leak help?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adman02

New to RVing. Bought a PrimeTime Tracer 2900bhs this spring and would like to determine how to fix a leak or two.

Leak one: There's a spot on my slide that is delaminating (I can see a 'blister' on the outside). Currently, the 'blister' is about the size of medium water melon (in circumference) and soft/squishy when I push on it. It's located about 8-10" below the kitchen window in the middle of the slide. What's puzzling is that the wall area under the window and above the spot is solid. Also, I looked under the kitchen cupboard (in about the same place where the spot is on the outside) and see some wood discoloration along the bottom of the cupboard. All this leads me to believe there was/is watering getting into the wall from the inside. I think I can track down the leak source, but how do I fix a delamination spot like this (it's basically an island)? It seems I'd have to do damage to fix the damage. Should I just leave it alone?

Leak two: After rain or washing, I see water pooling on the floor inside by the front of the slide and there's discolored wood on the inside bottom of the slide on either side. Obviously water is getting in the sides of the slide. I looked at the seals and some need to be replaced and others needs to be "caulked." I guess my questions for this leak are: (1) what (if anything) should be used to adhere the rubber seal to the body of the RV and (2) what should be used to adhere rubber seal to rubber seal?

Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

Attachments

• Delam Blister.png
    Delam Blister.png
    276.1 KB · Views: 7

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom