Protection for dinghy from rocks etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TeresaA

I've noticed that there are several types of protection guards for the back of your RV to protect your towed car from rocks etc being thrown up from RV tires. Amazon had a solid rubber protective guard as well as a similar rubber one with slits and yet another that looked like "grass".  Which one is best?

I'll argue that there is no one "BEST" protector/rock guard...just the one that you're comfortable with for your application.

I have a Roadmaster tow plate and brackets, so (due mostly to a great Craigslist deal) I went with the Roadmaster Guardian. Seems to work pretty well.

Other folks prefer the "under the hitch" style of rock guard...like the protect-a-tow:
http://protectatow.tripod.com/

X2 for the Protect-A-Tow. I particularly like that it also protects the tow bar, cables, and wiring. And only adds about a minute to your hookup procedure...

I also would advise "protect a tow".    We went to Alaska with it and had no problems. 

If you have a rear radiator diesel, I'd be concerned about using the "Guardian".  It's possible that rocks can be flipped up from the RV and bounce off of the Guardian, then into the rear radiator.

Marsha~

Back
Top Bottom