1st timer buying used ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

studentoftruth89

HI!
New here and hoping to get some advice on buying our first rv that is also used.

We are planning to move across country in the next few months and have downsized our possessions that we can't live without. Other than a cat and small dog we won't be taking much.  We would like to spend a few months living out of the RV while getting settled into out new home city.  Green Bay, WI to Tempe, AZ.  We will also have at least one car possibly two for traveling locally.  Considering local gym memberships for more full on shower access.  We have found a cheap RV to start with however it is not in the best condition. Assuming that it can at the very least get us from point A to B safely, we are prepared to find a more stationary place immediately, we just thought maybe this was a decent alternative for a few months.  Now we have yet to take a look at it ourselves in person and I admit we are not the most mechanically inclined couple but I have done some research into the sort of things we should be asking at the showing.  What I'm wondering is can I get opinion's on is this a viable option for a few months to live out of and what are estimates on economically affordable interior repair and updates.  I will place the link below, the inside looks pretty tore up so I would ideally spend the rest of summer and part of fall fixing what I can to make it livable and safe.  Thank you for any suggestions and tips.
http://appleton.craigslist.org/cto/5692997522.html

Seriously?  :eek:  Sorry for such a negative reply but...
Unless you're getting this unit for $100.00, I'd consider something in better condition... The cost to make that unit habitable would be considerable, not to mention if the interior looks that bad what shape is the drivetrain in? :(
Can't imagine staying in that coach in Arizona heat...
Just say'in...  :-[

Keith

Sorry...you'd have to PAY ME at least $1000 to take that...and it would go straight to the wrecking yard.

The cost to make that habitable and roadworthy will be outrageous.

I am still really new to RV but one look at that and I got goose bumps, get something that is mechanically sound (you need to get where you are going with as little hassel as possible) and get one that needs a make over inside, less work etc.

I don't know if WI has a state inspection for vehicles. If it does, one very important thing would be is to have the seller have it inspected. I'll bet it won't pass. If there is no state inspection, what about the states you'll be passing through.
How could you even think about purchasing this with no experience at all to make the necessary repairs. There are hundreds of people on this forum with a lot of experience and would never think about taking on a project like this. It will be a huge money pit in my opinion.

Awesome!! That is exactly what I hoping to hear and thinking initially. Before the old lady talked me into even considering it I thought it would be wise to hear from more experienced people. No worries won't be making this purchase.  Thank you everyone!

Back
Top Bottom