MPG info 30' Class A with Cavalier toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

44toy

I know there are 1000 variables. I am just looking for a viable number for MPG to put into a budget

We are looking for a 2000ish class A Fleetwood Bounder/Flair/ etc in the 30' range no slides preferable a 454 cause I am a Chevy man. we will be towing a cavalier or similar toad. We will be full timing and traveling coast to coast boon docking mostly. Will probably have a decent amount of gear since we may not be home for a year or more.

We are trying to see if we can survive on my pension and SS on the road and need a number to plug for MPG. I have been told around 6-8 average wondering if 7 sounds realistic for a multiplier.

Thanks and for your average, sorry if posted in wrong place or missed similar post in my searching forum. 

My previous rig was a 1996 Fleetwood Bounder 32', with the 454 for power. I towed a 1986 Suzuki Samurai and I got 5/7 mpg depending on conditions and terrain

44toy said:
I know there are 1000 variables. I am just looking for a viable number for MPG to put into a budget

We are looking for a 2000ish class A Fleetwood Bounder/Flair/ etc in the 30' range no slides preferable a 454 cause I am a Chevy man. we will be towing a cavalier or similar toad. We will be full timing and traveling coast to coast boon docking mostly. Will probably have a decent amount of gear since we may not be home for a year or more.

We are trying to see if we can survive on my pension and SS on the road and need a number to plug for MPG. I have been told around 6-8 average wondering if 7 sounds realistic for a multiplier.

Thanks and for your average, sorry if posted in wrong place or missed similar post in my searching forum.

I always budgeted for 6 mpg.  We typically averaged 8.  We got hosed in 2008 when gas was $4.50/g, but what are you going to do?  Not go to Yellowstone. 

I'd also budget 1-2K or so for stuff happens.  We've had some cheap years and some expensive ones.  You'll be using and older unit continually for a year.       

Sounds like a great time!

I averaged 7.1 mpg over 80,000 miles. Logged every gallon I ever put in it.

2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD with the 8.1 engine and Allison 1000 transmission.

I'm at 24,000 lb including the toad.

So I suspect with your weight you'll do about 7 at best.

I have a 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 30' coach and tow a Ford C-Max. I usually get 7.5-8 mpg without the toad, and 6.5-7 mpg towing. I almost NEVER drive faster than 60 mph. Yes, hills make a difference. On the recent trip to from Western Washington to Yellowstone and back, fuel use ranged from 6.1 to 7.2 towing, and averaged 6.75 mpg over 1960 miles.

Thanks guys and gals! I felt like 7mpg was a good number but wanted some expert advice. Thanks again

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoeHoward
Back
Top Bottom