EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: RV and Campground Photos  (Read 1224 times)

Moebius

• ---
  • Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.
    • Our RV Dream
RV and Campground Photos
« on: July 30, 2016, 11:07:08 AM »
I decided to start this photo album for things I see related to RVs.

http://imgur.com/a/Ycmaf

First picture is someone in a Bounder with the jacks down and the front wheels off the ground. Our owner's manual says this is a big no no.
----------
Chris, Amber, and 5 y/o Christopher
2016 Winnebago Vista LX 35B
Ford F53 Chasis
362 hp 3 valve Triton V10 engine
Tampa Bay, FL (Pinellas County)
Our Blog: www.OurRVDream.com

MN Blue Skies

• ---
  • Favorite saying: "It depends."
Re: RV and Campground Photos
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2016, 05:30:53 PM »
Chris, while I was looking for suitable campgrounds for the Minnesota Fall Colors Rally I noticed a similar picture on one of the campground websites.  Does the picture with the front wheels off the ground mean that the site is horribly unlevel? (BTW, we passed on that particular campground.)
A girl called Max, her husband Eric, Princess Kitty, and Molly the Service Dog in training.

2013 Cougar High Country 315 RES ( A 35' 5th Wheel)
"Big Blue" 2012 RAM 3500 Big Horn (Cummins Diesel 1 ton)

Stephen S.

• ---
  • Marshmallows and Irish Cream. Mmmm.
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2016, 07:56:28 PM »
That whole rig looks high. I really don't think that extreme was needed to level it.

I'm thinking of making a simple stabilizing setup for my Class C. Two 2x4s, each notched on one end and curved on the other with a hole in the middle. The boards would go under the frame in back and be pulled towards each other with a tie down strap. Just enough to take the "shake" out of the rig when sitting at camp.
Stephen S.
===============
'99 Winnebago Chalet
2002 VW Beetle
2007 Yamaha TW200
Home town: Mableton, GA

grashley

• ---
  • Western KY for now.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2016, 08:12:20 PM »
That whole rig looks high. I really don't think that extreme was needed to level it.

I'm thinking of making a simple stabilizing setup for my Class C. Two 2x4s, each notched on one end and curved on the other with a hole in the middle. The boards would go under the frame in back and be pulled towards each other with a tie down strap. Just enough to take the "shake" out of the rig when sitting at camp.
Sounds like a good idea.  Solid Physics theory!  I suspect you will need something much stronger than a bungee cord to get the desired result.  Let us know know it works!!
Preacher Gordon
09 Grand Junction 35 TMS - not yet received
2013 F350 Lariat LB SRW Supercab diesel 4X4
Nimrod Series 70 popup (sold)
It's not a dumb question if you do not know the answer.

Stephen S.

• ---
  • Marshmallows and Irish Cream. Mmmm.
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2016, 08:22:42 PM »
Sounds like a good idea.  Solid Physics theory!  I suspect you will need something much stronger than a bungee cord to get the desired result.  Let us know know it works!!

The idea is to use a ratcheting tie down strap.
Stephen S.
===============
'99 Winnebago Chalet
2002 VW Beetle
2007 Yamaha TW200
Home town: Mableton, GA

Neal

• ---
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2016, 08:42:28 PM »
But, might it be better the front wheels off the ground than the house burn down because the refrigerator is unlevel?
Neal,        2008 Winnebago Journey 39Z, Freightliner XC-S chassis,
Cummins ISB 6.7L 350 HP, Allison 3000,  2014 Honda CRV Toad.

allygerry

• ---
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2016, 10:26:51 PM »
Front wheels off the ground maybe, rear wheels off the ground never. Parking brake or transmission in park  on gas drive motorhomes do not work if rear wheels are off the ground.

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 12:36:42 AM »
Front wheels off the ground maybe, rear wheels off the ground never. Parking brake or transmission in park  on gas drive motorhomes do not work if rear wheels are off the ground.

The same is true for diesel pushers, the parking brakes are only on the rear wheels.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 10:03:20 AM »
Parking brake or transmission in park  on gas drive motorhomes do not work if rear wheels are off the ground.

yeah, but 15,000 - 20,000 lbs planted on the two rear jacks makes for a pretty decent parking brake. The only real concern is whether the jack is capable of handling sideways forces as well as straight up & down. Often the "knee action" jacks are not, and some straight-acting types may be a bit wimpy too. Back in the day, I've heard of some bending when jacked up high and the coach is trying to slide downhill.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 10:05:06 AM by Gary RV Roamer »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

Hosted by Over The Network