Tank sender/help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi all,
I'm Jason and from the UK.
I own a safari cheetah 2004 model 38pdq,
Bought this second hand and new about the fuel gauge does not work, it always reads a full tank on the dash, the guy I bought it from got me one from the states.  :)

I need a bit of advice on how to fit it, please for a start what it looks like it this.
It's a piece of alliumium pipe apx 8-10 MM wide by apx 400mm long and at the end of it the electrical base is like half the size of a cup of coffee lol hope this helps.
Also has a cork gasket with it , think it's similar to this.
http://www.irv2.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9932&stc=1&d=1304079463

On this base there is 3,4 or 5 ? electrical connectors , and a what wires go where I don't know, as its dirty and at the top inboard alittle on the tank so cannot really see what wires go where.

Also if I do get the help from you guys how does it know how much fuel it has in the tank ??
Thank you all in advance for your help.
Jason from the UK.

It would helpful to know what chassis the Cheetah is on.... (Ford, Workhouse, GM etc) That part looks like it fits in the top of the  tank as do most, if not all, USA made vehicles. It should be obvious how it is to be wired when you see the old one in place (if it is the correct part.) You may have to drop the tank to install it. Do so with the tank close to empty if possible (weight).

Hi
It's on a Monaco chassis , my fuel gauge is always above full all the time.

How do I get the correct level  Of fuel when changed ?.
Thanks

according to the cheetah brochure the tank is 90 gallons (340 liters i think ) good luck

Back
Top Bottom