EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Just bought a used Travel Trailer  (Read 3923 times)

Alfa38User

• ---
Re: Just bought a used Travel Trailer
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2016, 12:37:42 PM »
From my husband Tom:
We have 2016 F150 Supercrew equipped with trailer tow package, trailer sway control, pro-trailer back up assist. 12,700 GCWR which should give us plenty of room to tow most any trailer

Sounds like an RV salesman's speech but it is very far from the truth!!! One of the important numbers is the CCC or load capacity of YOUR particular truck. This information is available on the Yellow sticker found on the B pillar of the truck. It accounts for all the options (like the Super Crew option, for example) installed by the factory on that particular truck which have the nasty habit of reducing the actual safe load/towing capacity. Any load (like people etc) that you add to either the truck or the trailer has a similar effect. Perhaps a further check might be of use with the help of someone here who thoroughly understands these numbers.
Stu
Montréal, Canada 🍁
Snowbird, Naples Florida
Alfa Gold 38 (2000) 5ver (parked!)

"Of course I talk to myself, sometimes I need expert advise!!!"

DarrellHoskins

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2016, 01:48:21 PM »
Yep. That GCWR includes the weight if your truck. Big cabs, 4-wheel drvie, and etc decrease your toe capacity. I learned, too late i might add, that a higher gear ratio will drastically decrease your rating also.

Momof3Boys

• ---
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2016, 04:02:29 PM »
Ive tried every site they say the truck has the tow capacity for 8,500 and a payload capacity of 2,200 lbs
I can not figure out where this CCC you speak of that would be on the sticker (in looking at it now and have tried to attach a picture of it

Momof3Boys

• ---
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 04:05:05 PM »
Other useful info on the truck it's a
2.7L V6 Ecoboost with Elec 6-speed auto w/towing mode

DarrellHoskins

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2016, 07:14:40 PM »
The 8,500 is what to go by. Some say to stay at 80% of your rating to be on the safe side, but i dont know about that...

Momof3Boys

• ---
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 08:14:16 AM »
The 8,500 is what to go by. Some say to stay at 80% of your rating to be on the safe side, but i dont know about that...

Thank you all these questions are just freaking me out.... I just wanted to know about the roof if you can tell the cover and the heavier/stonger piece should be disconnected? Their is no wear... Hole of any size that I can see/feel but wanted to make sure the two aren't suppose to be glued together

Hosted by Over The Network