Just bought a used Travel Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will do seriously looking at
http://www.generalrv.com/product/used-2010-forest-river-rv-flagstaff-super-lite-27bhss-571724-29#photos

And

http://www.asrvcenter.com/rv/2008-FOREST-RIVER-ROCKWOOD-SIGNATURE-ULTRA-LITE-8317SS-19760

Before you jump in again, be sure to verify that your tow vehicle can handle safely the trailer you would like. It would be a good idea for you to know any constraints, maximum weights, lengths, etc of said TV before exploring.

Did all that we are at 2,000 pounds to work with After gross trailer weight

Ok check them both I have two questions one was the roof had a sheet of Vinyl like material that slide sideways when I stood on it... Like a sheet on a mattress. No giving (downward) at all though
Another was a small 6 inch bubble 2-3 inch across and the only rusty item was a screw less than an inch from that. But pressing it from either side did nothing it didn't dibbit in.... Cost of RV 17,000 once all paperwork is completed.
Oh and roof was Well Mantained (saw  recauking) on all outside outlets

So question is do I walk away?

I'll things mentioned was on the Flagstaff untra light 2010

The other ended up another dud

Alfa38User said:
Before you jump in again, be sure to verify that your tow vehicle can handle safely the trailer you would like. It would be a good idea for you to know any constraints, maximum weights, lengths, etc of said TV before exploring.

x2.  If you post the specs for the tow vehicle and the TT on this forum the weight experts will give you their honest input.  I would never trust my own calculations or a dealer's calculation.  Making sure you have the right combination is important for towing as well as for stopping.

You mentioned that your husband has back problems.  I suspect you will need to upgrade the standard RV mattress and that will mean more weight.  Will you be taking along bikes for the boys?  Those will also add weight. 

MN Blue Skies said:
x2

Willing you be taking along bikes for the kids?

Yeah we are good we have over 2,000 lbs to work with After the sights of the trailer is at its max

What vehicle are you going to use for towing.  If you post the specs for the tow vehicle that info will be helpful to the experts on the forum.  Have you given any consideration to a weight distribution hitch and a sway bar system?

Will ask my husband for sure... Since it's his truck
But should the Vinyl skin be separate from
The roofing material... Or should it be stuck on to the base??

From my husband Tom:
We have 2016 F150 Supercrew equipped with trailer tow package, trailer sway control, pro-trailer back up assist. 12,700 GCWR which should give us plenty of room to tow most any trailer

Momof3Boys said:
From my husband Tom:
We have 2016 F150 Supercrew equipped with trailer tow package, trailer sway control, pro-trailer back up assist. 12,700 GCWR which should give us plenty of room to tow most any trailer

Sounds like an RV salesman's speech but it is very far from the truth!!! One of the important numbers is the CCC or load capacity of YOUR particular truck. This information is available on the Yellow sticker found on the B pillar of the truck. It accounts for all the options (like the Super Crew option, for example) installed by the factory on that particular truck which have the nasty habit of reducing the actual safe load/towing capacity. Any load (like people etc) that you add to either the truck or the trailer has a similar effect. Perhaps a further check might be of use with the help of someone here who thoroughly understands these numbers.

Yep. That GCWR includes the weight if your truck. Big cabs, 4-wheel drvie, and etc decrease your toe capacity. I learned, too late i might add, that a higher gear ratio will drastically decrease your rating also.

Ive tried every site they say the truck has the tow capacity for 8,500 and a payload capacity of 2,200 lbs
I can not figure out where this CCC you speak of that would be on the sticker (in looking at it now and have tried to attach a picture of it

The 8,500 is what to go by. Some say to stay at 80% of your rating to be on the safe side, but i dont know about that...

DarrellHoskins said:
The 8,500 is what to go by. Some say to stay at 80% of your rating to be on the safe side, but i dont know about that...

Thank you all these questions are just freaking me out.... I just wanted to know about the roof if you can tell the cover and the heavier/stonger piece should be disconnected? Their is no wear... Hole of any size that I can see/feel but wanted to make sure the two aren't suppose to be glued together

Back
Top Bottom