Which coach do I have?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MoonDog

I'm looking at all the great resources on this site for Winnebago stuff but I'm having trouble matching my rig with the models in the parts lists. I have a 2006 29' class C with "Chalet" written all over the thing and the Operator Manual is titled "Chalet Class - C Models". The "Motor Home Weight Information" document says "Series Name - Winnebago Minnie" and "Model - 2006 29BR". I did see a 29B in one of the parts lists but not 29BR.

Yesterday I changed the tranny fluid and took it out to warm it up to check the level. I have over 100 live oak trees on my property so I get out a few times when backing up. Probably the 2nd time I jumped out my little furry riding partner Tikla stepped on the door lock button and locked me out. The coach door was also locked and my stationary house key was also locked in. I had to break into the house, get the key to the shop, get a wire and I was able to get the back fire escape window open. I can probably get a spare ignition key from the local Ford dealer but how do I go about buying spare coach keys from Winnebago?

From what I have read, the "Chalet" models were the ones Winnebago made for the rental market.  There were several models under the "Chalet" name.  The "R" in the model you have also refers to rental as far as I can tell.

You should be ok with what you have found under Winnebago Minnie 29B when looking for parts.

As far as coach keys, I had success going to a pro locksmith shop who had no problems making duplicates for me.

Good locksmith can make the keys. A lot of folks hide keys all over the camper however I choose to purchase one of the better lock box with the combination code for access. I bolted it inside the LP compartment. The box holds keys for everything. If someone manages to open it and take off with my MH the insurance company will be called right after the police.

My Era (Sprinter) has a nasty habit of automatically locking the doors after a given period of time if I get out and leave the keys in the ignition.  After encountering a poor guy and his dog locked out of his Sprinter waay out in Montana for that very reason, I began carrying a spare key around my neck when traveling.

emiddleb said:
From what I have read, the "Chalet" models were the ones Winnebago made for the rental market.  There were several models under the "Chalet" name.  The "R" in the model you have also refers to rental as far as I can tell...
I believe that is correct.  If I remember correctly, there are no Winnebago logos on the exterior. The little keys have a number, you can probably order them from Licthsinn RV in Forest City (my recommended place to order parts if you don't use your local dealer.)

The R means it was sold to the rental market and badged as a Chalet.  I have the same thing on my 2006 24VR Chalet.  My 2006 Chalet 24VR  is actually a 2005 WF324VR Minnie, since 2005 was the last year they made the Minnie the 2006 model year the Minnie changed to a Outlook.  JM2?... Dick

You can get lots of info on your Winnie at http://winnebagoind.com/product-resources/identify-motorhome

I have all the records of the coach going back to May, 2007 when the previous owner bought it from Great Alaskan Holidays in Anchorage. He lives in Kathleen, GA which is about 25 miles from me. It had 29K on the clock at that time and just under 40K when I bought it last week from Camping World.

Alaskan Holidays is still in business and they sell and rent motor homes according to their web page so it is likely that it was a rental. When I saw the Alaskan tags I was cautious about a rusty undercarriage so I crawled around under it and it looked better than any I've looked at. It is the exact coach I've been looking for and I feel I haggled a pretty good deal compared to what they are going for on ebay and rvtrader. It doesn't have a scratch on it, the paint on the cab is shiny like new and the decals are in good condition so it must have been kept under roof. It does say Winnebago on the front and back with big Ws on the sides.

The data plate on the door jamb says Type - MPV  Model - 2006 Minnie WF329BR.

Thanks for the valuable key information, it helps more than you know.

Attachments

• IMG_1031 (4).JPG
    IMG_1031 (4).JPG
    338.7 KB · Views: 14
We were at factory service many years ago in October and noticed about 100 Chalets parked on rally grounds in one area.  I asked what the deal was with all of those and found out they were going to be driven to Alaska in a day or two.  We were having breakfast at The Lodge at a table near apparently the owner/manager/whatever of the rental operation.

As far as the Winnebago badging, I don't remember seeing any Chalets with same, but I can't trust my memory any longer  ::).

Maybe they added the decals when they were sold? It was used as a rental for ~ 1 year than sold to the previous owner for $59,995 plus a $2,888 service agreement.

Ironic that I begin travel to Anchorage in 1 hour and will spend the night there. In the morning I will take a Ravn charter flight to the North Slope camp on the shore of the Beuafort Sea (Arctic Ocean) where I'm currently assigned. I'll be there for my 3 week rotation and will plan an excursion on my next rotation.

John Canfield said:
I believe that is correct.  If I remember correctly, there are no Winnebago logos on the exterior. The little keys have a number, you can probably order them from Licthsinn RV in Forest City (my recommended place to order parts if you don't use your local dealer.)

You probably won't read this for a while given your impending travel, but yes, you should be able to get replacement keys from Lichtsinn.  I did this spring.  Call Lichtsinn, ask for the parts department and give them your key numbers.  You might as well order quite a few or some other parts as well, because the shipping is as much or more than the cost of a key. 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macamiguin
Back
Top Bottom