Jayco AM/FM Antenna to short

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rcemerat

I have a Jayco Eagle 28.5 RSTS and the factory antenna is way to short it only goes about 1 foot from the top of unit so reception is poor unless that side is towards the broadcaster.

Does anyone know of a factory replacement that is longer?
the current one is a butt connection to the main piece held on with a set screw?

I would need to see a photo but generally those are standard "Automotive" type antennas (if your house radio is a "Dash type" it is most likely)

If that is the case any Auto Department will have an assortment.. now here is the catch

FM is the 3 meter band (100MHZ so the proper length is 0.75 Meters or about 27-29 Inches (off the top of my head)

But the AM band is like 300 Meters.. So the proper antenna lenght is 75 Meters.. (a meter is 39+inches)

That is not practical as that's approachign 250 Feet  So the longest whip antenna you can get

NOTE that triple the length for FM works well too, and will work better on AM than the shorter FM whip.
(That is around 85 inches total length)

These will be telescoping antennas you need to pull out when parked and replace after you forget to lower them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
traxster
Back
Top Bottom