2014 Cougar with water issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

5erorT

I am posting this for my sister and brother in law who are having issues with their 2014 Keystone Cougar. It's 27 feet and has one large slide.
Last week we met them at a campsite (we had our own tt) and they began having water volume issues with the bathroom sink and toilet after they got hooked up to the site water. There's just a trickle coming out of them with the valves full open.
I dug around under the sink in the bath but couldn't see any obvious issues. I also removed the water port on the side and inspected the piping there - again, nothing obvious. It's all piped with PEX and I'm guessing the slide has pinched a line somehow as it's the only thing that moves. Problem is, the slide is between the kitchen and the water hook-up and the kitchen has plenty of water volume - I'm stumped.

My sister said they had the issue the last time they went camping but it was only the bathroom sink. Now its the toilet as well. The shower is fine as is the kitchen.  Also, the unit has the all weather package which make finding piping issues a real pain as it's all covered and appears to be filled with expanding foam.

Any ideas on what to look for would be greatly appreciated. Possibly someone has had a similar issue?

Thanks,
Jim

Sounds like all the screens are plugged up. If you grab the round part at the front of the faucet where the water comes out and turn it. It has a screen in there and it can become clogged. Likewise for the toilet water supply line, although you must shut the water off before unscrewing the supply line for that. Rinse the screens and it should be good for awhile, hopefully a long while but you may have some crud in the tank.

Thanks for the reply keymastr. I don't know how crud could have gotten in there as there is a screen on the inlet where the hose connects. However, someone at the factory may have left crud in the tank during the original build of the trailer - who knows.

I have let her know about the screens and will report back as soon as I hear the outcome.

Thank you.

Mineral salts in hard water pass through the inlet screen but will still form deposits in faucets and on valve and pipe surfaces where the water sits for extended periods

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aquaticvegetation
Back
Top Bottom