Acu-Link Bridge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

proteusmd

I haven't used this yet as we are about to embark on our first trip but thought I would share it here. After a bunch of searching I ended up getting an Accu-Link Bridge Temp Monitoring System off of Amazon for about $100. It comes with three temp sensors so I can actually have two in the rv and one in the fridge to check for food issues. It connects to the web and will give you an overview of temps in real time and as a history and will also email/text you if a temp gets too high or low. As I said this needs wifi. I purchased a TP Link Wifi extender for about $20 as well. This has two benefits. First as any given campground I can connect it to the wifi and it will boost the signal for us. More importantly it has an ethernet port which can connect to the bridge unit of the Accu-link. In the event that there is no wifi i tested it and if I leave one of our phones behind and turn it into a hotspots (meaning it pumps out a wifi signal using 4g data) the TP link can use it and still communicate.

I bought this unit for a couple of reasons. I looked att he version cellular ones but realized that relied on having a signal. I figure if there is not signal in any given area than nothing will work because my phone won't get the message. I figure this unit can work over wifi and (in a manner of speaking) where there is no wifi so it's a good crossover. Also, it sends data to the web and then the web sends data to you. This is important because if the power goes out or even if the wifi kicks out, the web based site will sense that there is no signal and let you know.

We will see how it works but all in all I think it looks good.

Please report your findings to the group. I have been looking for something like this for some time now. I could even use a second throw-a-way phone to text when power or temps go out of range. 

Cheers

Will do. I tested it around the house and it worked great. Also had it on the Phone hotspot for about four hours and no issues (and we have shoddy cell service at home.....of course). So i don't really see any issues but will advise in a week or so after we get into the trip.

What model range extender did you get?

I already have the bridge, but I never thought of using it like that :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom