newbie dummie question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icebox114

Hey all, I thought I was a member a long time ago but I couldn't remember my username or even what email I was registered to, so I just made a new account.  Anywho, I've had a 2004 Rockwood 2518G for about 10 years or so.  I've always used shore plug in power and never even had a battery hooked up to my pup.  We now want to camp at a place that is a no-reservation place with some sites with power and some without.  I charged up a deep cycle RV/marine battery I got awhile back, tested that its charged to about 12.8 volts, hooked it up to the wires on the tongue.  No power to anything, no lights.  I can't seem to find a battery shutoff switch in the camper at all.  Fuses in the box look fine.  Obvious dummie question, but what am I missing?

All I can suggest is for you to take a 12 volt tester or a multi tester and start searching.  I'd start at the beaker panel.

Ed

The very first thing I would do is to verify your voltage at the battery once it is hooked up to the trailer.  I have seen batteries show good voltage with no load, but the second any load is applied they can drop to nothing.

Back
Top Bottom