TPMS on Toad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yup, won't hurt a thing. You'll want to "unlink" the toad from the monitor so when you're out of range it doesn't start beeping. Then relink when you hookup.

I remove the sensors from our toad at the end of a trip, but leave them on in the meantime, even if the toad is making long trips away from our coach.

I have a second monitor for the toad that reports the info from the TPMS. I took it out a while ago, and haven't gotten around to putting it back in. I need to though, the factory TPMS system sucks.

I only take the toad sensors off when I don't expect to tow the toad for months at a time. That's mostly top prevent drain on their batteries and avoid possible loss or damage. It takes all of 3-5 minutes to remove the sensors and screw valve caps on.

Our TST 507 sensors stay on year round, and like Marty, we have a second monitor in the toad for the better info than the OEM system. I didn't plan it that way, but when I found a TST 507 monitor in a box of miscellaneous electronics at a yard sale, I couldn't resist it at $1.00. The woman said it was "some of the motorcycle junk" her ex-husband left behind. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom