Tow-n-See Mirrors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ve1hup

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has tried or is using Tow-n-see towing mirrors (http://www.tow-n-see.com/).  They look very interesting, but am unsure if the visibility would be very good and am concerned about the potential strain they may place on the TV's mirror glass and/or motor/gearing.

Any feedback or thoughts would be appreciated.  Looking for temporary towing mirrors for a 06 Toyota Tacoma that are not damaging to the vehicle's surface.

Thanks
Darryl

EDITED TO MAKE LINK LIVE.

I agree with your concern about the extra strain. At 11" long, that's a lot of drag at cruising speeds. Also, getting in and out of toll booths and along narrow roads may be a challenge, if not downright damaging!) especially on vehicles that are already wide. Personally, I think they would be better if they were just flat mirrors; not convex. A convex mirror is of no help in determining how close a vehicle may be, so safer passing, as they claim, is questionable.

hi I have a 36' 5 er n want to know if there is a back up camera for it . Wireless would be me choice. any info would be helpful. 
            Thank You    2 Ollies  ::) ;D

A Google search of "rv backup camera" will turn up quite a few places (including Camping World) that sell backup systems, but very few that are wireless. I'm guessing that the wireless ones aren't nearly as reliable as the wired ones.

Karl said:
A Google search of "rv backup camera" will turn up quite a few places (including Camping World) that sell backup systems, but very few that are wireless. I'm guessing that the wireless ones aren't nearly as reliable as the wired ones.

The problem with wireless is the range.  The Camping World hundred dollar wireless unit got a good review in Consumers Reports but customer reviews indicate a maximum range of some 20 feet which leaves a lot of trailers out of the picture.  Furthermore it is intended for installation of the camera at the vehicle license plate -- I suspect it needs to wire into the license plate light for power.    All in all, it appears that the unit would be ok on the tow vehicle and as an aid to hitching a TT.  A trailer mounted system is going to need wiring and a more expensive unit.

Back
Top Bottom