Can you use a regular kitchen sink in a camper/trailer instead of an RV sink?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Katespak

We just purchased a 2005 Jayco Jay Feather 23B.  It is in beautiful condition.    However I want to do a couple of upgrades.  Would like to replace counter-top as well as the double bowl kitchen sink.  Want to install undercount single bowl.  (It might be a drop-in depending on the countertop I choose.). I can't seem to find anything on the web about this subject...perhaps I'm not asking the right questions.  Would someone be kind enough to enlighten me.  Thank you. 

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    38.3 KB · Views: 54
I believ you can use any sink you choose. What you will have to watch out for is drain hookup and water connections..might have to rearrange your existing plumbing setup.

Absolutely, any one that fits. RV sinks use a standard drain.  The water supply connections are determined by the faucet used rather than the sink, and you can use standard faucet sets too,  The connections are no more non-standard than any other faucets and adapters are readily available at any hardware store.

Thank you John and Gary.  This is what I was looking for.    Being a former chef I just want to have a couple of things to make work easier for me.    Good to know about the faucet as well.  I can put in a long neck one.    Your help is much appreciated. 

The only thing to watc on the faucet is if you live in an area that mandates "water conserving" faucets, you'll have to remove or disable the water saver disk.  RVs generally run lower water pressure than most house systems, especially when using the internal water tank and pump, so if you don't defeat the restrictor you won't get enough flow.

I replaced the plastic kitchen sink in my coach with one from Ikea.

Attachments

• KitchenSink.jpg
    KitchenSink.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom