EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products PO Box Zone
Over The Network Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: Why did you? Class A v Class C  (Read 3117 times)

Quillback 424

• ---
Re: Why did you? Class A v Class C
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2016, 05:18:52 AM »
You are so right, Kitty.

One of the real problems for a solo traveler is adjusting the windshield visors or sunscreen while underway.

When I was shopping I got the feeling that I would need to anticipate what direction I would be driving for the next couple of hours and then adjust the passenger visor to try to block the sun without hindering visibility. For shorter folks, even adjusting the driver's visor while driving may not be possible. I found some visors that took two hands to move which wouldn't be the best situation while underweigh.

The MH I bought has MCD sunscreens and blackout shades all around. The windshield MCD's are electric and each one, full width sunscreen and blackout shade, is controlled individually by switches conveniently located for the driver. Plus, they are great when parked as they will drop all the way to the dash for sun protection or total blackout, even though they are cream colored.

I would have installed MCDs in a minute if the MH hadn't come equipped with them.
Larry --  Olathe, Kansas
2012 Winnebago Sightseer 33C
2005 Trail Rated Jeep GC 4.7 L

"Only an insane society would restrict the liberties of healthy people based on the actions of the disturbed." 
John Hayward

JDOnTheGo

• ---
    • JdFinley.com
Re: Why did you? Class A v Class C
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2016, 05:25:10 AM »
...in Illinois you need a special license to drive a rig over a certain weight

I'm not a legal expert but am fairly sure this is not accurate.  A quick search shows that IL drivers operating RV's for personal use are exempt from any special operating license requirements.

As I mentioned above, I don't plan to do a whole lot of driving, about the distance of a tank of gas every two weeks or so

For my coach, that is about 1200 miles.   ;)   I haven't filled up since February.  ;D

I'm very sorry to hear about your previous experience.  Occasionally I hear of similar stories and I can only guess that mechanical "luck" (or bad luck) plays a part.  I probably see thru rose colored glasses but it seems that most modern rigs are built with reasonably reliable equipment/parts.  Of course, operating within the limitations of that equipment and performing preventative maintenance are both important. When buying used, there is no way to know how the equipment was treated so it is a gamble.  One can attempt to minimize that by having experts inspect it but that is no guarantee.  Some folks hedge their bet by purchasing an extended warranty.

JD - Full timer out west
1998 MCI 102 EL3 Revolution | 2010 Wrangler (daJeep) | 650 Watts Solar
My Adventures

Hosted by Over The Network