Replace dinette with two recliners (uneven floor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betch

My DH and I have been trying to find a solution to the uncomfortable seating in our 21' TT. We have a Camplite 21BHS by Livin Lite. The dining area is on the slide and the outside wall must also be on the wheel well- hence the uneven floor comment. The hubs says we would have to build a platform if we were to do this. I was wondering if anyone adapted the recliner to the flooring?

TIA,
Joan

Six of one, half dozen of the other, I guess. If you never move the chair, you can add a spacer to its feet to compensate for the step in the floor. Otherwise, it a more flexible solution to put a movable spacer on the floor.

Most such mods are to accommodate a step-down at the edge of a slide, so it goes under the front where the chair overhangs the edge of the slide floor and isn't large. Since you are talking a wheel well hump at the back, maybe the situation is different.

I added a 2" thick spacer to the bottom of my swivel recliner simply because the height wasn't comfortable to me. Wasn't hard at all.

Most recliners, unless you are intent on zero-clearance units, tilt the head backwards a few inches to operate and therefore need to be set a few inches from a wall in their upright position.

Are you concerned with "the look" if the recliners normal position was 6" from the wall or would that positioning disrupt the flow of the space or cause another problem?

Space is very tight and this would be across from the kitchen. I don't think my idea is viable, but I thought I would ask in case someone had solved the problem. Thank you for your help

I am not concerned with the look as much as the clearance. This is a tight space- our TT is only 7' wide, so we lost a precious foot of space. Yet, it is uncomfortable to sit at the table for long periods of time. We think we might have to look at beefing up the foam of the dining seats.

I was just wondering if someone came up with a solution to this issue.

Thank you all for your kind responses.
Joan

just thinking out load here....
but what sort of recliner are you looking at?

maybe one of those euro type ones would work?
Some of them are extremely comfortable, and their simple design seems to be well suited for small spaces.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom