EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: cost to replace carpet  (Read 875 times)

BruceP

• ---
cost to replace carpet
« on: August 13, 2016, 10:38:38 AM »
Does anybody know what it would cost to replace the carpet in a 40 ft Class A. It would be done at a shop as this is not my type of a DYI project. I imagine that most of the RV's that are between 2002 and 2008 have pretty well worn carpets. Do people even replace carpets in RV's?

Ernie Ekberg

• ---
Re: cost to replace carpet
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 07:41:00 AM »
coaches that come to me want engineered wood. Easy to keep. I add that material to the slides and add carpet where wood won't go
Ernie Ekberg, Weatherford, Tx
Prevost Liberty Classic XL
www.ernieekbergflooring.net

BruceP

• ---
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »
OK, I like that idea. What kind of costs are we looking at?

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2016, 10:11:37 AM »
Probably around $2000 or so for carpet. The carpet itself isn't the major cost - there are not a lot of square feet so even a top grade of carpet doesn't cost a lot. Lots of labor, though, cutting and fitting, removing/reinstalling furnishings, etc. Costs can be somewhat higher if you have step wells to refinish or other special needs.

I did my own RV carpet (with help from a buddy) in 2014. Also did the bedroom in laminate last winter, using some product I had left over from remodeling the stick house.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 10:13:27 AM by Gary RV Roamer »
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

BruceP

• ---
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2016, 11:12:51 AM »
Thank you, it's something I need to keep in mind (for negotiations) when I make an offer on a coach.

legrandnormand

• ---
  • Retired and enjoying it since 1995
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2016, 01:15:24 PM »
I just had my carpet removed from the kitchen and living room area, roughly 22' X 8' and on one of the slides 12' X 3'; it was replaced by some type of cushion vinyl flooring and the shop where I got it done worked a full day (8 hours) to remove the carpet and reinstall the new flooring; the main area is a one piece and so is the slideout and quite a lot of cutting and fitting was done, just like Gary mentioned. The material and the labour cost just over $1200. (CAN.) including 15% taxes.
Normand
Trois-Rivieres, QC, Canada
2010 Gulfstream Independance, model 8367
2009 Smart Cabriolet

Hosted by Over The Network