cost to replace carpet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceP

Does anybody know what it would cost to replace the carpet in a 40 ft Class A. It would be done at a shop as this is not my type of a DYI project. I imagine that most of the RV's that are between 2002 and 2008 have pretty well worn carpets. Do people even replace carpets in RV's?

coaches that come to me want engineered wood. Easy to keep. I add that material to the slides and add carpet where wood won't go

Probably around $2000 or so for carpet. The carpet itself isn't the major cost - there are not a lot of square feet so even a top grade of carpet doesn't cost a lot. Lots of labor, though, cutting and fitting, removing/reinstalling furnishings, etc. Costs can be somewhat higher if you have step wells to refinish or other special needs.

I did my own RV carpet (with help from a buddy) in 2014. Also did the bedroom in laminate last winter, using some product I had left over from remodeling the stick house.

Thank you, it's something I need to keep in mind (for negotiations) when I make an offer on a coach.

I just had my carpet removed from the kitchen and living room area, roughly 22' X 8' and on one of the slides 12' X 3'; it was replaced by some type of cushion vinyl flooring and the shop where I got it done worked a full day (8 hours) to remove the carpet and reinstall the new flooring; the main area is a one piece and so is the slideout and quite a lot of cutting and fitting was done, just like Gary mentioned. The material and the labour cost just over $1200. (CAN.) including 15% taxes.

Back
Top Bottom