Winegard Trav'ler ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Happy Prospector

I am helping a fellow RV'er install a Winegard Trav'ler on his trailer and he wants to use an H22-100 HD DVR, the question is do we still use the B-Band Converter to the H22 on this set up?

Thanks

If it is a new Trav'ler it will be a SWM model.  With SWM B-band converters are never used. 

I assume he already has the HR22, otherwise IMO there is little reason to install a unit that is essentially obsolete.  The current Genie models are smaller, cooler and have far greater capabilities.  I think you end up paying ~$5 a month more for them because of the whole house DVR fee but they are so far superior to the HR22 (one of which I used to have) that I can't see making a new install with one.

Happy Prospector said:
Thanks, docj, he already had the HR-22, so that is why we are using it, he will be going to the Genie model shortly.

If you aren't currently under a contractual commitment DirecTV will often give you a Genie without charge.  That's how I got mine and the installer converted my older Trav'ler to SWM, at absolutely no cost to me.

I have a Trav'ler on my motorhome, and a tip for you. Use switchable outlets for the 120VAC power to the receiver and also the Trav'ler. He will want to turn the Trav'ler on without the receiver being turned on so that the dish can locate and lock on to the satellites first. Then the receiver can be turned on. Otherwise, the receiver will complain that it is getting no signal. I found a switchable outlet at Amazon that I plugged into my power strip for the Genie. When I turn on the power strip, that powers up the Trav'ler. Then after it does its thing, I turn on the switchable outlet and that powers up the Genie.

Bill

arcticfox2005 said:
I have a Trav'ler on my motorhome, and a tip for you. Use switchable outlets for the 120VAC power to the receiver and also the Trav'ler. He will want to turn the Trav'ler on without the receiver being turned on so that the dish can locate and lock on to the satellites first.

I don't bother to do this and I simply reset the Genie (with the reset button) after the Trav'ler has found the satellites.  Everything works fine doing it that way.

Back
Top Bottom