Just getting pricing for tires.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rene T

Site Team
I'm just starting to make phone calls for getting best prices for Cooper A/T 3 tires. One place I called said that I could get a better price with a tire from a sister company of Cooper. The tires are Master Craft AXT.  I could save about $140.00 for 4 tires. Anyone have any experiences with these? Thanks.

It's more like a sister brand than another company. Cooper makes several tire brands, often in the very same factories, but perhaps with different specs or just different warranties. I don't know much about Mastercraft except that I've seen them in use here and there.

http://coopertire.com/Our-Brands.aspx

This is similar to Bridgestone and their Firestone brand, Michelin's Goodrich brand, and so on. Most tire companies have multiple brands and use them for different markets or price tiers.

I've never had any problem buying 2nd-tier tires.  They are often made in the same factories with the same materials as the top name brand of that corporation.  But you've rarely heard of them because the parent company spends very little on marketing & advertising... big expenses that are passed on to the consumer.

I have Masterforce tires (2nd tier Bridgestone product) on my daily driver right now, installed and regularly rotated/inspected by my local Bridgestone/Firestone shop.  They have been installed for around 9 months and 15,000 miles.  Very smooth ride and no problems whatsoever.

just bought 6 summit tires, have very good reviews and ratings, $150 a tire delivered to my door, I know they are not top tier but a neighbor who works for a huge trucking repair shop said they put them on everything (including mh's) and have not had any issues with any of the thousands they have installed.

In many cases it is the same tire with a different brand stamped in the side, and sold without incurring the marketing and customer service support costs. Perhaps a lesser warranty as well. But  I don't know if any of those apply to Mastercraft or not.

Back
Top Bottom