modification info on adding a deck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blackfish

Greetings.  We are going to travel full time sometime in the near future.  As such, we are in the process of shopping for an RV that meets our perfect requirements.  We've pretty much narrowed our model down to either a Class A or Super C, as we want the ability to move freely between the cab and the living space.  With that, one item we really would like is a deck, but so far it only comes on a few models, like toyhaulers, and so far those don't have the other features we are interested in.

I'm certain we will have a lot of questions, but here's my first - Is there info on this forum or somewhere else on adding a deck?

Thanks.

I believe Country Coach (now out of business) made a Class A model with a retractable deck on the right side, but it wasn't very popular so very few were built. It was also pretty expensive. I've seen one or two customized Class As with similar side decks, but to my knowledge, no one's producing them.

Kev   

I think you would be better off with being able to create a "patio" with a mat and sun screens and wind screens. You could set up to suit at each location. Other wise the drop down door on toy haulers is about the only way to go.

gulfstream has an optional deck on some tt's
to me it looks pretty small in area, two chairs and that's about it!!

another example of designing rvs to look cool in the showroom but be a pita in the real world

http://gulfstreamrvtrailers.com/news.php

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom