TV Mount Recommendation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swbouton

Hello.  I have a 2014 Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL.  I bought it, used, about a month ago.  The previous owner kept a few things including the bedroom TV and the parts of the TV mount that was attached to the TV.

I need to mount a Samsung 32" TV weighing 8? pounds.  I will be travelling with the TV on the bed, so it would be good to have easy mounting and dismounting.  Not to be greedy, but being able to tilt it would be great.

This is what I have to work with: 
http://mypcpro.com/images/bedroom-TV-mount.png

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Modern tvs use standard mounting holes, termed VESA mounts that come is 2-3 size ranges (weight capacity). Search around Amazon and Ebay for mounts that do what you need. Easy disconnect may be hard to find, cause VESA mounts use bolts into the back of the tv. You need to find one with a two-piece bracket that comes apart easily.

Also be careful about where & how you mount the bracket to the wall. RV walls are often not very sturdy as far as holding screws or hollow-wall anchors.

You could use a VESA tilting mount. If you have a good mounting to the wall (you need to be able to find a solid surface) you don't need to remove it for travel.

If you want to be able to remove it, then a non-tilt mount like this one works, but it doesn't tilts.  Note: click on the "this" for the link

ken

I use this one for my bedroom TV.  It slides in and out of the bracket easily.  Sorry it does not tilt.  I had planned to remove it from the wall and store on the bed but found there was no need.  TV stays put over bumps and hills.

So, you use the one that Ken & Shelia recommend?  I will need it in a slightly larger size, VESA 200x200.

I have a Thule mount for easily taking TV off the wall and attaching outside of the trailer, it pans and tilts.

http://www.rvsupplywarehouse.com/rv-accessories-for-your-rv-type/motorhomes/thule-smart-rv-lcd-tv-mount/

of course! you can buy as many of the anchors as you want, maybe spray paint one camouflage and secure to a tree, how cool would that be

It's hard to tell from your photo, but do those existing brackets have a V-shape to them?  Below is a photo of the TV mount in my TT's bedroom, and I'm wondering if yours is "standard" (came that way from the factory) or if the previous owner rigged it up.  On mine, the non-TV end of a regular telescoping arm (already attached to the TV on the other side) slides right in and stays secure.  I don't think it's made to leave in place while the TT is rolling, so like you I put the TV on the bed or couch when traveling.

Attachments

• DSC08456.JPG
    DSC08456.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC08458.JPG
    DSC08458.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom