Ouray Mini Rally

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

THEBigLarry

A group of us invaded Mike and Chrystal Zuech's annual vacation to Ouray Co., with their approval of course.
We have spent the week running trails near here and enjoying the magnificent scenery, cool weather and good
food and fellowship.  Terry and Betty Brewer, Mike and Cindy Foster (friends of Zuech's from Utah) Larry and Loretta Dodd
and of course Mike & Chrystal.  Great time with friends. 

Attachments

• IMG_0591-copy.jpg
    IMG_0591-copy.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 62
  • Pizza Crew.jpg
    Pizza Crew.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 75
Thanks for posting Larry. Great photos. It's always great to see folks we know and others we haven't met. I'm always a little envious when I see all the 4x4s.

For those of us that haven't had the privilege of meeting these folks, who's who in the pics?

kdbgoat said:
For those of us that haven't had the privilege of meeting these folks, who's who in the pics?
From left to right

Terry and Betty Brewer, Cindy and Mike Foster, Mike and Chrystal Zuech, Loretta and Larry Dodd.  We were at  Panny's Pizza in Ridgeway CO.  Had enough  pizza left over for  a lunch on the trail tomorrow.  Unless we decide to eat out for lunch!  We have taught newbies to  RVForum gatherings Mike and Cindy about our phrase....."until we  eat again!!!!!!"

Yes Tom one of the best ways to see the  scenery here in Colorado is from our vehicles way off road.  The girls all want to break out in song from the Sound of Music at many turns.  I heard Cindy even ran through a field  yesterday with her heart full of song.

Betty, keep talking like that and you'll have me looking for a Jeep  ;D  OTOH I'm not sure the budget could handle it. Great seeing you and Terry in the photo.

Ok guys, I was already bummed after talking to Mike the other day knowing he was in Ouray, now it really hurts. Glad you guys are having fun. Hope to see you all in Moab.

Larry, thanks for starting this thread.  I am embarrassed to say I probably should have started one but to be honest I was having so much fun wheeling with "y'all" that I completely forgot to start a thread on the forum.

I will have to post up some pictures, I have been adding so many to Facebook I completely forgot about posting them here.

We just arrived home tonight about 5:00 after leaving Ouray at 9:00 this morning.  Chrystal and I had such a great time with all of you this whole week and NO you did not invade our vacation.  You all made it that much better.  To be honest it was the best week's vacation in Ouray that Chrystal and I have ever had in the 7 or 8 years we have been going to Ouray.

I rubbed it in to Jared when I got home that I wheeled 6 days straight and loved every minute of it.  Not to mention the sitting around camp and visiting and the wonderful dinner that Larry and Loretta cooked for all of us after a long day on the trail.

It is such a great feeling to spend time (especially wheeling time) with such great people.  The worst part is having to say goodby until we see each other again.  Hopefully it won't be long as Moab is right around the corner. ;D Then we will do it all over again.

Gary and Darlene, you guys were missed as well, too bad you couldn't join us.

Mike.

I have to add to this thread and acknowledge the excellent leadership of Bill Roscoe.
Bill had lunch with us on the trail, but he went back to his "home" for the evening when
most photos were taken.

Bill took us down Black Bear and over Imogene as well as several other less difficult trails.
No runs, no hits, no errors.  Bill did a great job leading us around.  Photo here is Bill heading
down Black Bear with me close behind.  I followed his every wheel turn, and I got down safe
as well. 

Thanks Bill. . . .

Attachments

• BBear.jpg
    BBear.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 37
Sorry for the late pictures but to be honest this forum is not exactly easy to post pictures to.  Kind of deters me from posting as many pictures as I do on other forums.

Anyways, here are pictures as promised.

Pic 1; Top of Black Bear Pass before the summit.
Pic 2; Terry Brewer in a poser shot.
Pic 3; Zuech's Jeep posing with the Immogene Pass sign @ 13,114 feet of elevation.
Pic 4; our leader for the day, Bill Roscoe's Jeep.

More to come.

Attachments

• Ouray1.jpg
    Ouray1.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Ouray2.jpg
    Ouray2.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 28
  • Ouray3.jpg
    Ouray3.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Ouray4.jpg
    Ouray4.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 24
Pic 5; Zuech's Jeep flexin' a bit on an extra credit.
Pic 6; Zuech's coach in our campsite at the Ouray KOA.  Beautiful campground nestled in the forest.
Pic 7; Zuech's Jeep at Lake Como for our lunch stop.
Pic 8; Zuech's Jeep climbing the "wall" on Poughkeepsie Gulch trail. 

Sorry, all of those were a bit selfish. ;)

Mike.

Attachments

• Ouray5.jpg
    Ouray5.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Ouray6.jpg
    Ouray6.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Ouray7.jpg
    Ouray7.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Ouray8.jpg
    Ouray8.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 25
Pic 9; Jeep's parked @ Alta Lake at our lunch spot with Foster's.
Pic 10; Lunch.  Alta Lake was absolutely beautiful with fish jumping 10' from shore.
Pic 11; Corkscrew Gulch on the way to Lake City.
Pic 12; Lunch @ Lake City at Southern Vittles.

Attachments

• Ouray9.jpg
    Ouray9.jpg
    228.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Ouray10.jpg
    Ouray10.jpg
    173.1 KB · Views: 22
  • Ouray11.jpg
    Ouray11.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 22
  • Ouray12.jpg
    Ouray12.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 24
Pic 13; Driving up into the storm
Pic 14; Driving up into the storm
Pic 15; Brewer's crossing the river @ the beginning of Governor's Basin trail
Pic 16; Foster's crossing the river @ the beginning of Governor's Basin trail.

That is all of the pictures that I have of our little Ouray Adventure but we had a great time and glad we had a few of our RVForum framily members join us.  Chrystal and I had a great time and hope everyone else did as well.

Mike.

Attachments

• Ouray13.jpg
    Ouray13.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Ouray14.jpg
    Ouray14.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 18
  • Ouray15.jpg
    Ouray15.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 19
  • Ouray16.jpg
    Ouray16.jpg
    222.8 KB · Views: 19
Kevin Means said:
THAT looks like it would be a blast! Guess I'm gonna have to get a Jeep.

Kev

You won't regret it Kevin.  I have owned some fun and fast vehicles in my time and we are hands down having more fun with our Jeep than all the rest combined.  And trust me, it is no speed demon ;)  but crawling around off-road with friends, PRICELESS!!

Mike.

Back
Top Bottom