Workamping Resouces

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

carini

What are some good sources online to find workamp jobs?  Is workamper.com worth the $60 membership fee?

Thanks!

Just Google "work camping" and/or "work kamping".  Both will give you a number of sites to check.  Since we volunteer we use www.volunteer.gov and also check individual state sites for campground volunteering. 

I know ... not really much help!

I think workamper.com is  worth the price, especially for paid positions, but you can find volunteer and contract positions elsewhere too. Large campground chains and and campground management companies usually have their own employment "opportunity" section on their website. KOA is one, and Recreation Resource Managers is another. Or yu can Google "work camping" and find other sources, e.g. www.camphost.org/

We located two excellent work camper positions through workamp.com and also find their advice on how to evaluate a job very helpful. Probably the biggest complaint among novice workampers is that they didn't understand how much  and what type of work would be required, or how much (or little) they would be paid.

You can also get "walk-in" jobs. If you find a place you like, ask to talk to the volunteer coordinator at a public park or the manager at a private park. All they can do is say "no". I have got two jobs like this. One of them I wish I could go back to. In fact, I might next spring.

Back
Top Bottom