Has anyone boondocked NYC ijn a winnie ERA?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

globalkim

Hi!  I'm looking for help!  I want to boondock in NYC with a new 2015 Winnie ERA.  I'm confident about the street parking, but I am not confident about RV'ing.  I also have a 20 pound dog.  How do I not cook my dog in the summer, and inversely not freeze her in the winter while I'm in the hospital working for 12 hours?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated,

Kim

http://winnebagoind.com/products/class-b/2015/era/overview

Winnebago ERA looks very nice.

Assuming you can park in a parking deck for shade.  Summer you probably need to leave several windows cracked open and have an efficient roof vent (aka: Fantastic Vent running on 30% speed....not much power draw).  Plus small DC fan and plenty of water.

Winter  Cage w bedding and heat source (say 100 watt light bulb??? in cage) that the dog can retreat to when needed????

My off the cuff ideas.  Your house batteries should be able to handle that kind on current draw.

In a word ...NO.  And don't think your to big to get towed..... Theirs no free parking in NYC.  The tolls on the bridges are outrageous.    And of you find a parking deck that will accommodate your rig you will find it cheaper just to go to KOA Newburgh and catch a shuttle into the city....... And this doesn't even get started into the programs you will get into with the NYC cops.  I lived their for 30 years trust me this isn't a good idea......and lastly.  I should wouldn't leave my 100,000 dollar RV parked in NYC

You will be hard pressed to find a consistent location.  You could explore the outskirts of Brooklyn, Queens or the Bronx but like the previous poster said, I would not recommend it.  Maybe you could rent space on someone's lot?  You should look outside the city and consider Metro North, Path or Long  Island commuter trains.  The commute will add a lot of time to your 12 hour days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom