2017 QZ Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be attending our first Quartzite rally. Have yet to fully commit to the desert versus a park  nearby as we are traveling with another couple. Personally would prefer to boon dock. Really looking forward to the event.

Bill

I hope you decide to join us. The comradarie, offers to join others in their daily quests, and the campfire at night make it a different experience. Your friends are certainly welcome also.

So How does this work, We are pre-planning to go, would be our first, so if we decide to do it , Notify you here? then do you save space for the expected group?

then do you save space for the expected group?

As Jeff mentioned in an earlier post, there are thousands of acres to choose from. The "small" area we typically use has room for twice the number of rigs I've ever known to be there, then at least that much again, with no crowding, so you can just show up, if you like. The notification here just tells us that you are coming and sometimes helps a little planning if anyone has something that is attendance-sensitive. But you can certainly "just show up" if that's your preference.

You may have already done this, but for you and others who may be interested, go to the very first message in this Reply Topic and click on the link TOPIC.  Jeff has provided several links to places which help to describe Quartzsite. 

It really is like nothing else we ever experienced in many years of RVing.  We've hung up our keys, but the times spent there at the forum rallies are at the top of our list of treasured memories.  I was not ever really comfortable boondocking, but we did at the forum QZ rallies and survived.  Plenty of people are there to help you "adjust" if you're not used to doing that.  You really need to try it once.  You'll probably go back many times.  ;D

Thank you for the information, I understand how this works now. We do a lot of dry Camping so there s no problem there.

Put us down arriving late 1/20/17  through 1/26/2017 towing from Northern California. John and Connie Neal

We would really like to come to the rally and plan to be in that area. I am just not sure about the boondocking. Mark has to use cpap at night, we have a residential fridge and he really likes his television. Although we have beefed up the batteries to two 6V Trojans and have a 2000 watt inverter, I think we'd still have to run the generator some in the morning and evening. Would hate to be a nuisance to neighbors.

Also, I haven't checked temperatures for that time of year, but I don't sleep well if it is very warm in the RV. This usually means we have to have electricity for air or fans. All combined, this is why we haven't tried boondocking yet.

I haven't researched RV parks nearby as we'd prefer to stay with the group - much more fun! So I guess for now put us down for 1/20 - 1/29 Mark and Vicki Shorter, Indiana. And we will take any boondocking tips you'd like to throw our way.

Kevin and Pam intend on being there 24-29 January. It will be our first time at Quartzite, and we will definitely be boondocking. Ought to be fun!

Mark & Vicki
Not to worry we all run our generators while at the rally, I believe that the quiet hours are 10 PM to 7Am.  I usually know it is 7 without even looking at the clock, some folks have their gens set for auto start.  It also will be cool at night, usually need heat in the mornings.

Sheila

Thanks Shelia for the encouragement.  ;D

Add us to the list please for the 20-29.
Mark and Vicki Shorter, Indiana

Thanks

Hi all
I'm here looking over Quartzsite again and trying to make plans to join you fine folks for a second time..... nothing definite yet, but it's in the works.
To ease some of the questions about generator's and amount of space available....our first time time at this Rally we decided that since we have Dog's it would be better to set our rig up a tad away from others. We did just that but were still within 50-75 yard's to the gathering area. You'll have plenty of choices and still be involved.
So in a word, Dwight and Burnetta are a definite maybe...lol

We'll be in QZ the 20'th thru the 24'th but we're already involved in our own multi-location rally/caravan.  12 locations in 36 days!

Dwight and Burnetta, we hope you make it!

8Muddypaws sounds like you are going to be busy.

I spent a few nights in quartzsite last week the 96 degree weather was nice after being forced off the Oregon  coast because tornado and  typhoon conditions. we drove by and look over the old homestead. Deb and I will be there in quartzsite a bit early. From the looks of the area the snow birds are moving in.

We'll be there Steve & Betty from Ca. 2nd time been a couple years. 1/20

We will be there for the 1st time in our motorhome, last Mach we just passed thru. Have not picked a place to stay yet but hope to hook up with folks from this site.

Back
Top Bottom