2017 QZ Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We'll be at Park Place by 11AM today.  We've been in Cattail Cove State Park for 4 days.  It's great and we highly recommend it.  So quiet!

There is a chance we may have a change in plans. Our generator won't start this morning, though it ran fine last night. We get no reaction from pressing the start switch, either in the cab or on the generator itself. The circuit breaker on the genny is ON (and I cycled it).  I just heard back from Coach Net and they've arranged service in Q, so as soon as I get info, we'll get that started.

Will update this later.

Later: Coach Net put us in touch with a mobile tech in Q. He said he can get to us sometime today, but we're not sure when, so for now we've got the inverter off to conserve batteries, waiting to hear from the tech. Coach Net experience so far has been great, exactly what I've read described by others (this is our first time needing them).

Made it here without problem.  Got set up in a space despite having to take directions from two Park Place employees backing into a difficult space.  Went over to the event site and did one of the flea markets.  It was cold & windy and the DW wanted to come back early.  Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow.

We're only here for three days and there's so much we want to do!

The tech couldn't make it before dark, so we're now in Rice's Ranch (Hwy 95 & Keuhn) and waiting to get the genny fixed. Will be back to the Forum site after it's fixed (tomorrow, I hope).

Hope it doesn't turn out to be one of "those years", i.e., rainy, windy, cold, washes full.  Be assured, however, if it does happen you will have survivor bragging rights on the forum for years to come.  Been there, done that, milked it.  ;D

john owens said:
Larry I was wondering if your techs name is Jesse. Shaved head and seems knowledgeable.

Nope, it's Terry. I've not met him yet, still waiting for him to get here. We talked last night and decided that since he would be so late in getting here that we'd change to this morning.

Does anyone know directions coming from the South rather than the North?  If I came from 8 rather than 10 how far North on 95 do I go before I find the camp??  Is there any reason I shouldn't take that route?  I am coming from Tucson.

Good Morning,
drive north on 95, well past Yuma Proving Grounds, General Motors desert test area, past milemarker 99, known as RoadRunner about 6 miles until you come up to "LTVA Tyson Wells" on the left. Kind of the first time you see buildings on the left and right side of the road. Turn left and follow Jerry's route to our site. Kind of straight in after you stop and pay, keep to left past "15mph" sign, just past next "15mph" sign and there we are on the left. drive off main gravel road slightly past a small BLM post "brown stick" in the ground. See Ya

In Yuma, take Fortuna Rd. north from I-8 to US 95.  This will save about 15 miles versus continuing west to 95 in town.

As you approach Quartzsite from the south on US 95, the first camping area you'll see is the 14 day free area at Milepost 99, about 5 miles south of Quartzsite.  Our rally site is the next camping area on the left side of the road, about 3 miles further north in the La Posa Tyson Wash LTVA, 1 1/2 miles south of Quartzsite itself.

Turn left, get your camping pass at the entry kiosk ($40 for up to 14 days) and come on in!

Jomo said:
Does anyone know directions coming from the South rather than the North?  If I came from 8 rather than 10 how far North on 95 do I go before I find the camp??  Is there any reason I shouldn't take that route?  I am coming from Tucson.
If you are coming from Tucson, take I-10 to I-8 and at Gila Bend take AZ-85 north to I-10. Get off of I-10 at the first exit in Quartzsite, go south to Kuehn Road, turn right and go to stop light (US 95). Take 95 south just past mile marker 102 and turn into the pay station. This is much shorter than going through Yuma. R

We arrived yesterday afternoon just before it started to rain.  No attempt at a happy hour!  Last night we had a lot of rain and enough wind to shake the motorhome.

Someone added a wreath to our 541 brown sign so you'll know you've reached the correct turn when you see the wreath.  By the way, I learned something interesting from the (new) fellow who came out to put the BLM stickers on our motorhome and Jeep.  He was puzzled by my reference to "section 541" and told me the little brown signs refer to BLM ROAD 541 because all BLM roads have numbers.  So, after all these years of calling our camping area section 541 we can now call it road 541.

Jerry and I went up to the tent today.  The Two Crazy Ladies have moved to the RV show tent's exterior which I'm sure is a better location for them.  They seemed quite busy.  If anyone wants to get an RV Forum name tag, the Two Crazy Ladies have the template.  The name tags are yellow with blue print.  All you need to do is tell them your name and preferred home city and they'll make it for you (for a fee of course).  One of our few rules is to wear a name tag so that we can put names to faces and RVForum.net monikers.  The other rule is that no critters are allowed at food events because "some" of our furry children think the food is for them and not their human parents!  Either that or their long tails sweep the table clean.

Today was cool but sunny so we started happy hour about 4:00 p.m.  After spending some time chatting we went around the circle and introduced ourselves.  It's always fun to see old friends and meet new ones.  This was impromptu on my part so we didn't do any planning.  We were sorry to say both hello and goodbye to Larry and Maryann who are returning home tomorrow without their generator being repaired.

We'll be looking for the rest of you to arrive soon!

ArdraF

We will definitely not be coming on Tuesday but hope to arrive on Wednesday. Weather at home on Monday will be dreadful so we will just wait it out.

A brief update: The mobile tech couldn't fix our generator (parts, access), and the local generator shop couldn't get to us before Thursday, so we're heading homeward this morning (Sunday), rather than spend several days in an RV park in town. Hopefully things will be better next time around. It was good to see folks at last night's happy hour -- wish we could continue, but...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom