EPDM Coatings
rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Custom Yacht Interiors

Author Topic: 2017 QZ Rally - Reply Topic  (Read 19332 times)

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
Re: 2017 QZ Rally - Reply Topic
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2017, 08:54:21 PM »
To give you an idea of  just how meaningful this RVForum Framily thing is, let me share  with you  that I've had phone calls  from
Chris and Mimi Pennings requesting reports and sending well wishes to our group. Terry exchanged emails with Jim and Pat Dick who were among the original attendees  in 1996 or so and  they vividly recall the "Transmission hill."  Jim and Tarry Johnson wished they could be here but had some  body parts to fix this  winter!  We miss everyone and you will forever be in our Quartzsite memories.  No one lost their  chairs or tables this year. (That I  know of)

To make our Rally MOST SPECIAL , Don and Peg Miller (who no longer  have a motorhome) showed up after a 3.5 hour drive from Camp Verde, AZ    with  blackberry pie.   Lorna Reiter lost dear husband Ned last spring but made  the  journey  solo from Spring Branch, Texas (near San Antonio) to  visit the RVForum Potluck group today.  She  may  win the award for those  coming the farthest to  our  gathering. 

Photos:
Mike Lawrence jumped in to accompany Lorna in the Framily photo.  None of us are ever alone!  Don and Peg are legends in love of this FVForum. Thank so  much to our special visitors.

Yep this group is indeed FRAMILY, an acronym coined to  combine friends and family.  And to think we all met on the internet!  Crazy! 
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2017, 08:57:28 PM »
Thanks to everyone who joined in the potluck. We had plenty of tables and lots and lots of yummy food. Visiting continued until after dark. I didn't see any unhappy folks !!
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2017, 09:21:22 PM »
ok Betty  again.

Thank you to those who filled the white envelopes I  passed around at Happy Hour.   This Quartzsite  Rally has no fee but we do set January as the time to assess the value the RVForum  has been to you.

Did you get advice that saved you a service call?. Did you get advice that saved you money on a bogus  thing to join?  Did you get  advice on a campground  to attend ?  Did you get advice on a route from  PA to CA?  Did you  make a new friend?  Did you attend a rally and enjoy yourself?   Do you enjoy a continuing  contact with  RV like minded folks? Did you enjoy an off road adventure? Did you enjoy the potluck?  These are  things   enjoyed  by most with our RVForum and simply ask you consider making  a contribution to the running of the RVForum,  a privately owned entity. 

I'm happy to report lots of white envelopes filled with green were returned. Thank you.  Plus I am happy   the DONATE button on the RVForum Home  page line with a DONATE button was discovered so you can use  pay pal or your credit card to support our RVForum!

I am among the fortunate who have been members of RVForum for a long time and really want our  new guests to have the opportunity to  learn as much about RV lifestyle  as I have and to make as  many friends!  The true test of the Quartzsite experience is do you return? 

I will compose a collage of 2017 Q attendees and post it in the near future.  I will  not include the photo of me that Lou took as I'm certain  I  really look 15 years younger than the photo reveals! 

Betty Brewer

see where we are

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #153 on: January 28, 2017, 09:37:41 PM »
I'm sure it was the fault of the photographer, Betty..  My photography skills suck, which makes it a good thing I work in radio and not TV.

I had to run across the highway and dump my tanks before the dump station closed for the night, and by the time I got back most of the group had dispersed.  It was good to see Lorna, even though it was only briefly.

Tom and Margi

• ---
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2017, 10:22:38 PM »
Wonderful to see Lorna, Don and Peg looking exactly as I remember them from more than ten years ago!  I need to know how they accomplish that youthful look!  ;D   Count us among those who treasure memories of Quartzsite gatherings.  I'm so happy the tradition continues and am especially happy to see all the new faces who will continue to discover and enjoy the hidden beauties of the desert.  Quartzsite is truly a very special place!  As always, I really appreciate Betty's efforts to include all of us reluctant stay-at-homes.  :D

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2017, 07:35:56 AM »
Thanks for the updates and pix here, Betty. Though it's not the same as being there, it at least keeps us from feeling completely left out when unable to be there, and lets us know what's happening.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL
  de N8GGG

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2017, 09:54:09 AM »
I'm sure it was the fault of the photographer, Betty.. 

You are too kind!  The  photo was framed perfectly,  the  lighting just right, the focus sharp and clear and I'm still not using that photo!  Besides Terry was not in the photo so we will find another  photo and use it for the group collage.
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2017, 02:31:08 PM »
We  arrived  back  home in  Yuma this afternoon and I opened the white envelopes.  WOW you  guys were very generous this year.  It is clear the RVForum has great value to the members.  In addition the DONATE button was activated with additional  generous donations!

It's going to  be a very good year!
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Lou Schneider

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2017, 03:28:22 PM »
Thank you Betty, Wendy and the rest of the crew for hosting another successful Quartzsite rally!

Although I missed Friday's 4wd trip, I got my off-road fix this morning.  I headed east on I-10 to the Gold Nugget Rd. exit, then instead of going south towards the Stone Cabin I followed the old paved road east through the pass.

Along the way I came across the road to the communications site at the top of the mountain and the gate was open!  So I went up, it's a well maintained but very steep road that zig-zags up the mountain face.  The last 1/4 mile is so steep they laid down a corrugated concrete roadbed to increase traction.

From the top I took some photos of Stone Cabin and the trails running off to the next ridge.  I'll post them tonight when I have wifi at my sister's house.

After descending from the mountaintop (low gear, low range!) I continued east to the end of the old pavement.  From there it became a trail that meandered through cactus and cholla to the Brenda exit.  It was a fun ride, but I wouldn't recommend it for anything larger than my Bronco II.  It's more of a quad trail, at the other end I met up with a quad group taking a break in a creek bed gravel bar.  They seemed surprised to see me but I was able to back up a little bit and let them by.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2017, 03:47:36 PM by Lou Schneider »

Ken & Sheila

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Smokey 3
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2017, 04:47:16 PM »
Thank you Betty, Wendy and the rest of the crew for hosting another successful Quartzsite rally!

I second this but I would add Jeff for being the "digital" host - setting up this thread and tracking attendees.

ken
Ken & Sheila
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
2008 Jeep Liberty, 2006 Saturn Vue
Fur-ball kids: Ariel and Mia

SeilerBird

• ---
  • Everything I state is my opinion.
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2017, 05:13:14 PM »
You are too kind!  The  photo was framed perfectly,  the  lighting just right, the focus sharp and clear and I'm still not using that photo!  Besides Terry was not in the photo so we will find another  photo and use it for the group collage.
I would like to apologize to anyone I have not yet offended. Please be patient and I will get to you shortly.
My new Pixel camera:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/rMSw5eVkCfKuuEOP2
My portfolio:
https://goo.gl/photos/Cx4SaYhGfYFShSty7
My Grand Canyon shots:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Nc1AT8tQp25wJwfm1

billandpam

• ---
  • Following our yellow brick road
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2017, 07:59:21 PM »
We would like to thank all who make this years Quartzsite Rally a great success. Pam and I had a great week, even with the temps and wind. We met some great people.  And reacquainted with some from last year. It is always nice to be able to put faces to names. Betty was right when she said that we seemed to enjoy the trail ride we thought it was fantastic, Thank you Terry and Betty.  We will be back next year. 

Thanks again for a great week

Bill and Pam
USAF Veteran
 06 29' Class C Sunseeker
 E450 V10
 2015 Jeep Wrangler
 Northeast Ohio

zmotorsports

• ---
  • Hardcore Gearhead
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2017, 07:36:17 AM »
Looks like a lot of fun.  Thanks Betty for the pictures.  Also looks to be a little on the "nippy" side there.

I hope to get Chrystal there one of these days for a QZ rally.

Mike.
2003 Monaco Dynasty Baroness
2008 Haulmark Edge 26'
2011 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
FMCA# F315002

JFN

• ---
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2017, 09:28:11 PM »
Just arrived home and would like to thank Jeff, Betty, Wendy, Andra, Jerry and Terry for the work put into the rally, If I missed someone, my apologies,  being our first rally not just QZ but any rally, it was great and we enjoyed meeting everyone that attended.

John and Connie
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 10:22:36 PM by JFN »
John & Connie Neal
2006 Dodge 2500 5.9, PacBrake
Smarty Jr Tuned
2006 KZ 29.5' Durango
MaxBrake, Brake Controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
K6JFN

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2017, 10:31:18 PM »
Home from the desert for another year.

What makes this so great is not only seeing old friends but making so many new ones that we can look forward to seeing again next year.

Next year we will have the 75 degrees weather we are experiencing today in the Phoenix area.

Thanks to all who attended!

cadee2c

• ---
  • If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane.
« Reply #165 on: January 31, 2017, 01:16:27 PM »
Next year I will be there for sure. And if Bob is sick, then I will just pin his DD214 to his PJs and drop him off at the old soldiers home on the way through. :D
Caryl- Pilot
Bob- Navigator
Mister Hank - homeland security
Buddy the Dog-  Soul Mutt, forever in our hearts.

1997 Holiday Rambler Endeavor
2010 Jeep Liberty

Follow your arrow, wherever it points

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
Re: 2017 QZ Rally - Pix, Genny
« Reply #166 on: February 01, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »
I finally got my pix into the computer. These were taken about 10 AM Jan 20. In the first one, a fifth wheel user had redecorated "our" saguaro. In the second one, someone had places a very nice rock sign on our firepit. The last one shows all of our group that were there at that time.

Update on generator: Got the beast in the shop this morning, and the tech said it's a bad control board, so it'll take a day or two to get it done. The genny has to come out of the coach for him to get to it, though.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 04:33:43 PM by Larry N. »
Larry and Mary Ann N.
  de N8GGG

Jeff

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #167 on: February 01, 2017, 09:26:58 PM »
We owe a big thanks to Dan West for not only making the RV Forum sign but repairing the fire pit by gathering rocks.

Jim Godward

• ---
« Reply #168 on: February 02, 2017, 12:30:09 AM »
Wonderful to see Lorna, Don and Peg looking exactly as I remember them from more than ten years ago!  I need to know how they accomplish that youthful look!  ;D   Count us among those who treasure memories of Quartzsite gatherings.  I'm so happy the tradition continues and am especially happy to see all the new faces who will continue to discover and enjoy the hidden beauties of the desert.  Quartzsite is truly a very special place!  As always, I really appreciate Betty's efforts to include all of us reluctant stay-at-homes.  :D
Well said, Margi!!  We do miss the winter trip and especially QZ for multiple reasons.
Jim
Jim & Pat Godward
AC7PO & KD7ZDM
Hillsboro, Oregon

More-Gas

• ---
« Reply #169 on: February 02, 2017, 04:15:46 AM »
Doreen and I want to say Thanks for a great time, As newbies we met a lot of great folks. It was our 1st rally with the motorhome we will be back next year for sure. Also thanks to Terry and Betty for our 1st rocky off road trip it was FUN FUN I'm hooked on the off roading in the desert.
Joe & Doreen
2004 Winnebago Adventure 35U 8.1 Allison Trans
2001 Jeep Wrangler 4.0 Sport
FMCA #F466873  Passport America
Michigan

kdbgoat

• ---
« Reply #170 on: February 02, 2017, 06:25:13 AM »
That looked like an interesting truck camper in the background of the first pic.
I know you believe you understand what you think I said,
But I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant

2016 Leprechaun 319DS

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #171 on: February 02, 2017, 07:51:20 AM »
That looked like an interesting truck camper in the background of the first pic.

Yes, it had that "homemade" look, with a houselike appearance.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
  de N8GGG

UTTransplant

• ---
  • Salt Lake City area
« Reply #172 on: February 02, 2017, 08:31:10 AM »
This was our second RV Forum rally, and our first time at Quartzsite. We will definitely be back! We got there late, but we were able to stay until Monday morning. Just before we pulled out, we heard our daughter was being induced for her first baby, two weeks early. She was 1750 miles away, and we made it here yesterday after 3 days of travel. Yup, 1750 miles in 3 days with the travel trailer. The baby is beautiful, mom is healthy and happy, and we are tired! Such a change to be in Iowa at 10 degrees after Q. Sigh. The trailer is mostly ok in the cold, but we will be running through propane.
Pam and Kevin plus Minou and Lily (the cats) plus Lexi (the grand-dog)
2014 Outdoors RV Timber Ridge 240RKS
2015 Ram 2500 Diesel
http://toobusyforwork.com

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #173 on: February 02, 2017, 12:58:25 PM »
This was our second RV Forum rally, and our first time at Quartzsite. We will definitely be back! We got there late, but we were able to stay until Monday morning. Just before we pulled out, we heard our daughter was being induced for her first baby, two weeks early. She was 1750 miles away, and we made it here yesterday after 3 days of travel. Yup, 1750 miles in 3 days with the travel trailer. The baby is beautiful, mom is healthy and happy, and we are tired! Such a change to be in Iowa at 10 degrees after Q. Sigh. The trailer is mostly ok in the cold, but we will be running through propane.

Congratulations on your new grandchild  ;D
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Home in Scotland eagerly awaiting next trip!

Alpena Jeff

• ---
« Reply #174 on: February 02, 2017, 05:04:12 PM »
Congrats Kevin and Pam!
Jeff & Judy
2016 Newmar Ventana 3427
Cummings ISBXT turbo 6.7L 360HP
Allison 3000MH
2018 Canyon All Terrain toad
"Official" snowbird!
Retired to "the lake" in north Michigan
Preachers kid since day one!

JFN

• ---
« Reply #175 on: February 02, 2017, 06:59:18 PM »
Thank you Dan and congratulations to Pam and ken.
John & Connie Neal
2006 Dodge 2500 5.9, PacBrake
Smarty Jr Tuned
2006 KZ 29.5' Durango
MaxBrake, Brake Controller
Pressure Pro TPMS
K6JFN

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #176 on: February 18, 2017, 03:57:40 PM »
I just remembered that I wanted to thank whoever found our fork after the potluck and put it on our step.  Jerry found it the next morning when he went our for his walk.  Thank you!

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Betty Brewer

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2017, 10:14:50 PM »
As promised, here is a photo collage of most of the  people who attended Quartzsite 2017 Rally .  No names attached so you will have to  figure out those in attendance  by your own memory! Sorry it is so late. My  Life  happens to be rich and full!

My apologies for  those I missed.  Catch you next time!

If you recall  in the past we had an RVForum  group photo posed and rehearsed.  We usually let our potluck food get cold while waiting to smile.  This collage is a substitute for that fun we used to have  when  professional photographers were in attendance!

BB
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 10:19:24 PM by Betty Brewer »
Betty Brewer

see where we are

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #178 on: May 30, 2017, 08:57:51 AM »
Thanks for sharing Betty.
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

Wendy

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #179 on: May 30, 2017, 10:21:16 AM »
Mike and Lorna look cute together. Apparently Wendy wasn't there 😊

Funny that you just posted. I was thinking I had missed the post with the pictures and was going to have to search for it.

Thanks Betty.
Wendy, Mike, and Gordon
~We can't be lost because we don't care where we're going~
Here's where we are http://map.datastormusers.com/user2.cfm?user=2276
2015 Allegro Ooen Road
1973 Sunshine Yellow VW Bug

Hosted by Over The Network