2017 QZ Rally - Reply Topic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Betty Brewer said:
You are too kind!  The  photo was framed perfectly,  the  lighting just right, the focus sharp and clear and I'm still not using that photo!  Besides Terry was not in the photo so we will find another  photo and use it for the group collage.

Attachments

• Tom 2011-09.jpg
    Tom 2011-09.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 75
We would like to thank all who make this years Quartzsite Rally a great success. Pam and I had a great week, even with the temps and wind. We met some great people.  And reacquainted with some from last year. It is always nice to be able to put faces to names. Betty was right when she said that we seemed to enjoy the trail ride we thought it was fantastic, Thank you Terry and Betty.  We will be back next year. 

Thanks again for a great week

Bill and Pam

Looks like a lot of fun.  Thanks Betty for the pictures.  Also looks to be a little on the "nippy" side there.

I hope to get Chrystal there one of these days for a QZ rally.

Mike.

Just arrived home and would like to thank Jeff, Betty, Wendy, Andra, Jerry and Terry for the work put into the rally, If I missed someone, my apologies,  being our first rally not just QZ but any rally, it was great and we enjoyed meeting everyone that attended.

John and Connie

Home from the desert for another year.

What makes this so great is not only seeing old friends but making so many new ones that we can look forward to seeing again next year.

Next year we will have the 75 degrees weather we are experiencing today in the Phoenix area.

Thanks to all who attended[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]![/font]

Next year I will be there for sure. And if Bob is sick, then I will just pin his DD214 to his PJs and drop him off at the old soldiers home on the way through. :D

I finally got my pix into the computer. These were taken about 10 AM Jan 20. In the first one, a fifth wheel user had redecorated "our" saguaro. In the second one, someone had places a very nice rock sign on our firepit. The last one shows all of our group that were there at that time.

Update on generator: Got the beast in the shop this morning, and the tech said it's a bad control board, so it'll take a day or two to get it done. The genny has to come out of the coach for him to get to it, though.

Attachments

• Indio QzSite 2017 204.JPG
    Indio QzSite 2017 204.JPG
    299.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Indio QzSite 2017 203.JPG
    Indio QzSite 2017 203.JPG
    349.9 KB · Views: 61
  • Indio QzSite 2017 207.JPG
    Indio QzSite 2017 207.JPG
    233.9 KB · Views: 68
We owe a big thanks to Dan West for not only making the RV Forum sign but repairing the fire pit by gathering rocks.

Tom and Margi said:
Wonderful to see Lorna, Don and Peg looking exactly as I remember them from more than ten years ago!  I need to know how they accomplish that youthful look!  ;D  Count us among those who treasure memories of Quartzsite gatherings.  I'm so happy the tradition continues and am especially happy to see all the new faces who will continue to discover and enjoy the hidden beauties of the desert.  Quartzsite is truly a very special place!  As always, I really appreciate Betty's efforts to include all of us reluctant stay-at-homes.  :D
Well said, Margi!!  We do miss the winter trip and especially QZ for multiple reasons.

Doreen and I want to say Thanks for a great time, As newbies we met a lot of great folks. It was our 1st rally with the motorhome we will be back next year for sure. Also thanks to Terry and Betty for our 1st rocky off road trip it was FUN FUN I'm hooked on the off roading in the desert.

That looked like an interesting truck camper in the background of the first pic.

This was our second RV Forum rally, and our first time at Quartzsite. We will definitely be back! We got there late, but we were able to stay until Monday morning. Just before we pulled out, we heard our daughter was being induced for her first baby, two weeks early. She was 1750 miles away, and we made it here yesterday after 3 days of travel. Yup, 1750 miles in 3 days with the travel trailer. The baby is beautiful, mom is healthy and happy, and we are tired! Such a change to be in Iowa at 10 degrees after Q. Sigh. The trailer is mostly ok in the cold, but we will be running through propane.

UTTransplant said:
This was our second RV Forum rally, and our first time at Quartzsite. We will definitely be back! We got there late, but we were able to stay until Monday morning. Just before we pulled out, we heard our daughter was being induced for her first baby, two weeks early. She was 1750 miles away, and we made it here yesterday after 3 days of travel. Yup, 1750 miles in 3 days with the travel trailer. The baby is beautiful, mom is healthy and happy, and we are tired! Such a change to be in Iowa at 10 degrees after Q. Sigh. The trailer is mostly ok in the cold, but we will be running through propane.

Congratulations on your new grandchild  ;D

Thank you Dan and congratulations to Pam and ken.

I just remembered that I wanted to thank whoever found our fork after the potluck and put it on our step.  Jerry found it the next morning when he went our for his walk.  Thank you!

ArdraF

As promised, here is a photo collage of most of the  people who attended Quartzsite 2017 Rally .  No names attached so you will have to  figure out those in attendance  by your own memory! Sorry it is so late. My  Life  happens to be rich and full!

My apologies for  those I missed.  Catch you next time!

If you recall  in the past we had an RVForum  group photo posed and rehearsed.  We usually let our potluck food get cold while waiting to smile.  This collage is a substitute for that fun we used to have  when  professional photographers were in attendance!

BB

Attachments

• 2017-01-25 RVForum Quartzsite.jpg
    2017-01-25 RVForum Quartzsite.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 48
Mike and Lorna look cute together. Apparently Wendy wasn't there ?

Funny that you just posted. I was thinking I had missed the post with the pictures and was going to have to search for it.

Thanks Betty.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom