16.5 tires

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed kdbgoat,
I have plan on changing out my 16.5 to 16s as you have seen in my posts but I'm not sure
If my brake calipers are going to rub not mention the drums in the back do to the smaller rim.
I don't think it will affect the handeling there not that much smaller but I'm not sure so dang
What do you guys think?
Dodge 440

a little late I suppose... just skimmed the thread so maybe you've already landed on a solution
and I thought I had already posted this within the last week or so.  maybe that was a different thread
anyway, another angle to consider, is commercial duty 17-1/2 wheels as a replacement.

I stumbled across this a while back.  Know nothing, other than it seems like something to consider
http://www.ricksontruckwheels.com/wheels-ford-e350450.php

Blw2,
I don't remember seeing your post but thanks for your advice.
I'll check it out.
Dodge 440

The one thing you need to be aware of when buying used tires is to check the date codes. You could be buying tires beyond their useful life.
Bill 

Wildebill308,
The 17.5-19.5's are pricey and there is not a lot of room in the back fender wells
On this old dodge on a six pack platform. I check the dot code and the tires are
4 yrs. old, thanks for your advice Wildebill.
Dodge 440

On this old dodge on a six pack platform.

You've described it as a "six pack" several times, but I don't have a clue what you mean by that. It's clearly NOT the 440 Six Pack engine (3 x 2-barrel carbs), and probably not a reference to onboard beer cartons, so what is it? Inquiring minds want to know...  :)

Gary rv roamer,
Ok it's a 77 dodge van type front end with a 440ci.  4-barrel carb.
This one was manufactured in Corona Ca. And called a six pack
I guess because it sleeps six? There are other ones like dreamer
And so on they all have the same front end its just the rv platform
Had a deferent name. So yeah if I had a rv with three deuces
That would be cool but not the case. The manufacturer name
My have been six pack? Not sure and if it was a beer thing
I would have named it an eighteen pack lol.
Dodge 440

This is the information I have on the Doge class"A" chassis, I don't have any information on the van convershions.
The Dodge M-Series chassis was heavy duty frame used under various Class A motorhomes from 1968 to 1979. All M-Series chassis used a solid front axle with leaf springs, and Dana 60 or 70 solid rear axles with leaf springs. Frames were used by Winnebago, Champion, and several other RV manufacturers. The line was offered in three ratings, M-300, M-400, and M-500 depending on the application.
By 1979, Chrysler Corporation no longer sold incomplete chassis and ended production of the M-Series.
The M-Series was available with three engines during its production: The 318 polysphere Chrysler A engine, the 413 cid, and the 440 cid Chrysler RB engine.
They stopped production as part of the bailout brokered by Lee Iacocca.
Bill

Wildebill308,
Nice one bill you didn't find any information because it's a class c motor home not
A van conversion and yeah that was the last year of the 440.
Dodge 440

Ok everyone if anyone is confused go back to my thread"will not go in to passing gear" the sixth,seventh
Post and check it out.
Dodge 440

Gary RV Roamr,
Sounds good to me, I'm surprised that you never heard of six pack it was popular
Around here at one time I don't think they make rvs anymore.
Or mybe they were not real popular across the country but were
Manufactured in corona Ca. And that's  15 min. From my house
In riverside Ca.
Dodge 440

Back
Top Bottom