"The Rally" at Redmond, OR in July?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That sounds like the FMCA national convention. We went to our first FMCA rally last year and it's definitely worth a trip. In addition to several thousand attendees, the manufacturers and dealers will have lots of new RVs on display. There will also be lots of vendors for various RV products, accessories and services. They'll have numerous seminars on various aspects of RVing in addition to evening entertainment.

Having attended one FMCA rally, I have to say I prefer the smaller manufacturer rallies (Monaco in our case), but it won't stop us attending another FMCA rally.

More about the Redmond rally here.

29er

Both FMCA and Good Sam are having summer rallies at the Redmond Fairgrounds this summer. Good Sam is July, FMCA is August. We've never been to a Good Sam national rally, tho we like the entertainment this year. We've always gone to FMCA rallies and they are great. Been to ones from 3,500 coaches to over 7,000.

Thanks for the clarification Bernie. I didn't realize that GS was having a rally in Redmond. We're not GS members, so we won't be attending that one.

You are correct. I tracked the e-mail down and it was "Woodall's invitation the the greatest Rally 2007".

July 19-22 2007 in Redmond.

2 adults, 30 amp hookup = $319.00 

Practically everybody who has played in Branson will be performing.

This is not a dilemma for me as "her nibs" will be making any decisions. I just drive.

Would these be different enough to go to both? Or will it be the same vendors and entertainment? We'll probably be hanging out in Oregon, establishing residency, in July and August.

Wendy

We're on the horns of a dilemma with these two rallies. We usually, at most, go to only one or two of the nightly entertainment programs at FMCA very seldom our style. The entertainment at "The Rally 2007" has headliners that we would much like to see. FMCA is strictly motor homes, The Rally is all RVs, so the FMCA rally is more focused on our interests. We really don't like Redmond very much and the thought of being there twice in one year is not a good one :-\ We have to be at FMCA because of chapter meetings that we need to attend, so the question is; Do we want to go to The Rally just for the entertainment?

Thats OK Tom we are Good Sam members (only because we became lifetime members before Affinity took over) and we are not going.  Somehow since Affinity took over we have lost all interest in GS rallies. IMHO its just another process of getting addresses for their Junk Mail lists.

Whenever they send me mail now with a postage paid envelope, I neatly fold it up place in the envelope and send it back to them, while writing on the papers ,  I am not your trash outlet, you dispose of this crap.  Haven't recieved anything for a while.  Thanks goodness.

29er said:
Just received an E-mail to register for this rally. Is it as big as they say, thousands of RV's??

Has anybody attended this rally, and what are your thoughts about it.

Thank you.

This rally was very large and the comments I saw were very good when last held there in July 2005. A review done by Stephanie Gonser of rversonline.org can be read on this web site
http://www.rversonline.org/Postcards40.html

Drill down to the Postcards for July 8th and 16th I will be there this year.

Shayne said:
Whenever they send me mail now with a postage paid envelope, I neatly fold it up place in the envelope and send it back to them, while writing on the papers ,  I am not your trash outlet, you dispose of this crap.  Haven't received anything for a while.  Thanks goodness.

The amount of mail from GS has gone down considerably for me; I seldom get anthing recently.  I'm not sure if I activated a do not send option or not. 

I saw where the Ambassadors attending their last meeting recommended GS take further steps to control.

Blueblood: Thanks for the info.

I put Stephanie's Postcards in favorites. She did answer a lot of questions and more.

One thing worth mentioning was the sales pitch for Thousand Trails, which I am not a member, is the fact a lot of RV parks have become "valuable land".

I can think of three active Army bases that have terminated the RV park and put other buildings in it's place. I'm sure there are more examples. No more RV"ing there.

In fact, the Sigsbee RV park in Key West had closed admittance to all DOD employees, past and present, trying to keep the park in place. (hooray for them).

Thanks again.

I atended the Rally when it was in Daytona and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lots of seminars. Lots of RV stuff I hadn't seen before. And lots of stuff to buy.  ;)

BernieD said:
Both FMCA and Good Sam are having summer rallies at the Redmond Fairgrounds this summer. Good Sam is July, FMCA is August. We've never been to a Good Sam national rally, tho we like the entertainment this year. We've always gone to FMCA rallies and they are great.

We've been to Good Sam Rallies and to Redmond National FMCA Rallies.  We loved them all.  Lots of seminars, vendors and entertainment.  It would be hard to choose one over the other.  We loved the interesting rigs of the Good Sam Rallies which lets all RV's attend.  We will attend the FMCA in August mostly because it fits our schedule better and we have friends attending.
Betty

To all you rally attendees, either GS or FMCA,

Remember Wally and I are just down I-5,  before, after and between the rallies. We are at Timber Valley,  an SKP park. in Sutherlin OR.
If you are not a member we can sponsor your stay. Would love to see you.

Helaine

Betty Brewer said:
We've been to Good Sam Rallies and to Redmond National FMCA Rallies.  We loved them all.  Lots of seminars, vendors and entertainment.  It would be hard to choose one over the other.  
Betty

Would it be silly to go to both? Or would they be different enough to do both since we're going to be in Oregon anyway?

wendycoke said:
Would it be silly to go to both? Or would they be different enough to do both since we're going to be in Oregon anyway?

Wendy,
Terry and I are RV Rally junkies.  I think  if you are in the area and it is convenient , it would be fun to attend both.  This way if you see something at one and are thinking about a purchase you can buy it next time.  Most likely there will be many of the same vendors.  The Good Sam Rally  has a variety  of vendors not present at FMCA as they have all types of RV's.  We found this to be a wonderfully interesting crowd.  We even had our laundry done at a Good Sam Rally in Gillette Wyoming.  It would in my opinion be worth attending both rallies for the entertainmet.  Redmond has a very nice Arena,  though it is not air conditioned.  I loved the organization and special day activities of the Good Sam rallies. 

Betty

Back
Top Bottom