The Maiden Voyage of the Beagle Ark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BeagleDad

My wife and I (and two beagles) debuted our 2017 Passport 2520RL this past weekend.  It was also our first camping adventure ever.  We had a great weekend at Gettysburg Campground.  We were off in a corner near the tent sites.  We had only a few neighbors and nobody in any site bordering ours.  Some veteran camper friends came to visit on Saturday and we got a few pointers from them as well as positive feedback on what we had done thus far and accessories we acquired.  We learned a few valuable lessons...

- Use a real level in the interior to determine level-ness rather than the little levels the dealer stuck on the corner of the unit.
  - If one expects 30a of power on the inside, one must turn on power at the pole!
  - We need to come up with a better BRS (Beagle Restraint System).  We purchased several sections of an inexpensive garden fence at Lowes(visible in the attached photo) that didn't do the job.
  - Spending $10 on ponchos would have been wise.
  - The number one lesson though, and this is a big one, the absolute most  important lesson we learned was this:  DO NOT assume that the valves are all in a closed position when you remove the dump cap!  Bad things will result!

All in all, a great weekend.  We look forward to Labor Day Weekend at Swallow Falls State Park in western Maryland!

Attachments

• Resize.jpg
    Resize.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 52
BeagleDad said:
The number one lesson though, and this is a big one, the absolute most  important lesson we learned was this:  DO NOT assume that the valves are all in a closed position when you remove the dump cap!  Bad things will result!
Fear not, we have all been there. Even Robin Williams in RV.

WOW, that brings back memories we laugh at today... Yea... I cleaned up the dump station after removing the cap.. Did I say oh sh1t?  yep..

Now I instruct all my newbies to check the valves prior to departing home base,  # 1 rule.. #2 rule make sure the dog and cat are on board at departure.. #3 rule Wife is on board.... the other rules are optional.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom