iPhone wizards, what's goin' on here?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

herekittykitty

I have a 5S and in the last few days my apps have been acting as if they're pressing their own keys. Makes texting like pulling teeth.
Have done a forced reset several times but that hasn't solved it.

Ios is up to date (which, who knows, may actually BE the problem).

Have you tried a hard reboot? Pressing and holding the on/off button and the home button at the same time? Hold them until you get the Apple logo.

Not to be redundant, but I already said that I tried that in my initial post. Wish it worked. I now hard-reset this thing about every other day.

I have seen this happen before and in the cases I saw, it was the screen or the touch controller going bad. If there are any scratches or marring on the screen, this may be the culprit. If the phone has been exposed to any water, this can cause the internals, especially the screen to start acting wonky. If you have a case on the phone, I would take it off and see if you notice the same behavior. If not, then it probably is the screen protector on the case that's getting in the way.

If it's not the case, I would suggest taking it to an Apple store, if one is nearby, and explain the problem and see if they can test it for you. My mom had a 5S and had to have the screen replaced and it cost $200. It's almost better to get a new phone, if you can, than to replace the screen, if that's what the problem is.

If you are not holding home and power for long enough for the Apple logo flash to appear TWICE you are not doing a real hard restart.

Try it.

Thanks to both of you for the advice!

Because I'm still paying for it, it's insured (for "everything").

Oddly, for the last 2 days it's been behaving. I am a very long way from an Apple store, so I hope it continues. But if it starts up again that is what I'll have to do, I guess.

Today I got an interesting article from Kim Komando about Iphone early possible planned demise.  Here is a link, it is interesting reading.  Here is a second article as well, I just received this evening.

http://www.komando.com/happening-now/370677/a-slew-of-iphone-6s-are-breaking-just-ahead-of-iphone-7-launch?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=notd&utm_content=2016-08-26-article-title

http://www.komando.com/happening-now/370909/top-story-you-have-to-update-your-iphone-now?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=alerts&utm_content=2016-08-26-article-title

herekittykitty said:
I have a 5S and in the last few days my apps have been acting as if they're pressing their own keys. Makes texting like pulling teeth.
Have done a forced reset several times but that hasn't solved it.

Ios is up to date (which, who knows, may actually BE the problem).

Go to SETTINGS...GENERAL..look at the very bottom and you will see ACCESSIBILITY SHORTCUT
select and a screen will show what happens when you triple click the home button

UNCHECK all of these options..

What is happening is you may have tripled click the home button and if ASSISTIVE TOUCH was checked, every time you touch the screen it tries to do that command...it's working now because you again pushed the home button 3 times....

Lhemmerich said:
What is happening is you may have tripled click the home button and if ASSISTIVE TOUCH was checked, every time you touch the screen it tries to do that command...it's working now because you again pushed the home button 3 times....

Didn't even know about these settings. It wasn't checked, but my phone has also started acting normally again, so maybe I also accidentally turned it off?  :D

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom