Millenicom back in business?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brujomar

SouthWest US or MX beach condo when not rv'in
I received an email yesterday from Millenicom........stating they are back in business!

Without going into the details of pricing and equipment, I was with Millenicom back when they went under. I had purchased their mobile hot spot which became a paperweight and went back to my cell provider for internet data service/hot spot.

I think I;ll let them get settled before I consider them again. I don't like getting burned....twice!

I think the T-Mobile plans that Millenicom is pushing this time around are priced about the same as getting them direct from T-M, so the only savings may be the taxes and fees that Millenicom doesn't charge. T-Mobile's coverage has greatly expanded over the past couple of years, especially if you have a device that includes Band 12 coverage. Verizon is still the "go to" service for the best coverage, but T-M is giving AT&T a run for their money now.

I thought I posted on this subject, may have been elsewhere

I have been a T-mobile customer since Omni-Point..  There is a story as to why..

Recently (This year) where I'm stuck my phone suddenly develeoped 4Glte  (NICE, blazing fast compared to what the park offers)  Very good.  Coverage is improved as well. though the park itself is still a dead zone.. not quite as dead as it used to be (Tower is 4 miles).

Coverage maps..  Both T-Mobile and AT&T now show coverage maps that are not a lot different than Veizons.. Check them out. both have greatly improved in the last two years.

Network Reliabity: This is Sprint's brag.. Though they tell the truth, they attempt to deceive

WHY do I say that?  Network reliability means "What are your chances of making a call without problems when connected to an IN NETWORK tower (Sprint tower)  answer: It does not matter as much as "What are your chances of connecting to a SPRINT tower"

With Verizon, AT&T or T-Moblie, your odds of connecting to a "In-Network" tower are much, much, much, much, better.

Why did I to with Omin-point?  Had a computer app that used the different cell phone compression schemes to do VoIP  The computer was a tad anemic for the job so only one codec actually worked... Omni-Point used that, and only that  codec for their phones, no other company did.. (AT&T switched to it a couple years later) so the phones used less power to encode/decode and thus had longer talk time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom