What is everyone using for LED lights?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I guess Im hoping to get a sense of what sort of LED lights people are using in their campers, if you could name the brand model and price, and if you know - the energy usage?  If you feel you've got great lights, let me know! 

Im curious if what Im using is too overpowered.  Theyre LED 2ft strips that run off a 24volt power supply (which I plug into my inverter) designed for use in underground parking garages and other dark places and are nice and bright, but according to my killawatt use about 50 watts of energy, same as my off the shelf 3.5 cuft refrigerator!  Im keep shutting them off before noting the kwh reading for a few hours or a day, so I may update later, but my gut tells me they might be sucking energy.  That 24volt power supply I think is the key...

thanks fellas...

There are a lot of ways you can go when replacing standard bulbs with LEDs, which I suspect is the reason you're not getting any responses. For example, in our coach, we replaced 74 bulbs with LEDs of all different types and colors, and we put some new light fixtures in where there were none. I used cool white LED flood-lighting for reading lights, warm white LEDs for area lighting, LED light strips for exterior lighting and basement lighting and decorative LEDs for lamps. I got many of them from our sponsor, RVLEDBulbs.com, but they didn't carry everything I needed, so I got some from other places. Hope this helps.

Kev

I just bought 10 bright white, and 10 soft white LED bulbs. I'm going to put the brighter in the ceiling and kitchen fixtures, and the softer ones over the beds and in the reading lights by the table. Then stow the rest in a drawer in case any burn out.

LED will beat out incandescent for power conservation by so much... the slight variation in power use between LEDs shouldn't be an issue.

sprinterlivingkc said:
I guess Im hoping to get a sense of what sort of LED lights people are using in their campers, if you could name the brand model and price, and if you know - the energy usage?  If you feel you've got great lights, let me know! 

Im curious if what Im using is too overpowered.  Theyre LED 2ft strips that run off a 24volt power supply (which I plug into my inverter) designed for use in underground parking garages and other dark places and are nice and bright, but according to my killawatt use about 50 watts of energy, same as my off the shelf 3.5 cuft refrigerator!  Im keep shutting them off before noting the kwh reading for a few hours or a day, so I may update later, but my gut tells me they might be sucking energy.  That 24volt power supply I think is the key...

thanks fellas...

Where are you from ?

I used some left over under cabinet strips, bought them on ebay for under $10.00 a roll, soldering them is a bit of a challenge but they work perfectly, especially in the overhead lights

I use Green Long Life LED bulbs and really like them. They are 11-18 volt, 250-300 lumens. They replaced my 19 watt bulbs. The LED's burn 2.68 watts. These come with the bases so that you can replace, 921/1141 and BA155 bulbs.
Color Temperature is 4000-4500k( other temps available) super bright.Beam pattern 130 degrees,100,000 hour life expectancy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom