Find drain valve for water tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Catrobin

I am trying to find where the water tank drain valve is for my 2015 Minnie Winnie 25B. I found a valve under the bottom drawer below the closet that might be it, but not sure. I have heard it is good to drain the water tank once in awhile. I didn't receive any manuals.

Did you purchase new or used, if new dealer should still have your carry bag of manuals.  I purchased my 2006 Minnie in 2012 and when having some work done found the complete carry bag set of manuals when one of the kitchen drawers removed to get to some wires, it was on the floor below the drawer.  Dick

I don't know much about your particular model but all of the fresh water tank drains are usually under the belly or underside of the unit. Mine has a blue screw on cap. Also underneath are 2 other caps one blue and one red and these are the low point drains. I usually drain the tanks if they have been sitting for awhile and flush some fresh through as it gets and has been hot here in NE PA for the last month.

I bought it from a dealer, who got it from a company that had used it as a rental for approximately 6 months. The dealer said they would get me manuals, but after bugging them for some time, they never came through. I also contacted Winnebago and they said I had to get manuals from the dealer. This is my first RV and I have learned about it from forums, You Tube videos, etc. I have looked all underneath the RV and don't see any valves to open. The only one I possibly found is the one beneath the drawer.

The one you found is probably what is called a low point drain, intended for draining the water pipes. There should be two, hot & cold. In some systems you drain the water tank by opening the cold water low point drain and running the water pump. Others may have a special valve for that, or just a hose with a cap on the end. Winnebago Customer Service can probably tell you which you have.

You can get plumbing and electrical diagrams at the link in an earlier post.  I'll repeat it here:
https://winnebagoind.com/product-resources/product-information

John, I got an error message here saying I can't reply to your PM, so I found your website on your profile and sent you a message there with the information. Thank you for any help.

nvrver said:
Did you purchase new or used, if new dealer should still have your carry bag of manuals.  I purchased my 2006 Minnie in 2012 and when having some work done found the complete carry bag set of manuals when one of the kitchen drawers removed to get to some wires, it was on the floor below the drawer.  Dick

My Minnie was originally a rental also, maybe other rental companies do like they did with mine and hide them in the RV.  Get a flashlight and check below drawers. Besides manuals for everything it also had the unused radio remote.  Dick

I am fairly new to RV'ing and this site so take this for what it's worth: I have a 2016 Itasca Spirit 25B which should be much like yours.  The drain for the water tank is under the foot of the bed (hole cut out under the mattress... for access to that and the pump to empty the water/clear the strainer).  The valve has a silver handle and is mounted to the floor (if you have T-Rex arms, good luck).  The valve looks like something you would see in a bathroom to shut off the water to a toilet tank.  The water tank itself sits directly below the fridge.

There are some instructions in the manual (you can get this online) on where all of the drain valves are located (underneath the bottom drawer next to the cabinets left of the sink and under the bottom drawing under the cabinets).

Hope this helps.

Kurt

Back
Top Bottom