One more radio question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sailorkane

I am finally replacing the radio on my 1999 Adventurer 37G and getting rid of the DHS system.  It has the older DHS MTSAMP-03 system, installed under the passenger foot kick plate.  I have 4 cube speakers in the coach and two 6x9 subwoofers.  I decided to run speaker wires around the DHS amp directly from the radio to the speaker outputs.  Problem is, after a lot of searching, it appears that they connected the left front cube and left rear cubes together, so they are both driven at the same time with the left channel.  Similarly for the two right side cubes.  So there may be no way with the current wiring to get surround sound.
My question is:  where are the aft cube speaker wires run? Where do they join the front speakers?  How do I get access to the aft cube speaker wires?  I can get access to the two 6x9 (near refrig and near side door) and front cubes.  All these wires come out of the old DHS and I can (and did) splice into them directly.  As it is, I can't use the rear speaker outputs of the nice Alpine radio I bought.

Attachments

• motorhome speaker wiring.docx
    38.9 KB · Views: 7

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom